Home

Owner Mode in Madden 25 Connected Franchise?

This is a discussion on Owner Mode in Madden 25 Connected Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Owner Mode in Madden 25 Connected Franchise?

An exclusive Gamestop Madden NFL 25 pre-order graphic for 49ers fans might've just given away that some sort of 'Owner's Mode' will be included within Connected Franchise. In the graphic, former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. is listed as a playable character in connected franchise only.

What do you think this means for the Connected Franchise mode?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Owner Mode in Madden 25 Connected Franchise Confirmed?

I really hope so. I just posted in the screenshot thread how my only real wish for CCM is the ability to be in control of the team's staff. I have a feeling that's why it's being referred to as "Connected Franchise" now rather than careers.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Can't wait to play as JERRUH.

But seriously, if Owner mode returns, I hope it's not just a port of what previously existed. Coach ratings and progression were completely meaningless in Gen 6 (completely absent this generation, Gen 7), the stadium upgrades were completely meaningless, the build-a-stadium feature had too few options to allow for a unique creation (in either Gen 6 or Gen 7), stadium naming rights didn't do anything besides change a line of text, the uniform editor in team relocation has since been far outdone by other games, and changing concession / parking prices was completely meaningless. As previously implemented, owner mode had zero effect on how I played Madden and might as well have not existed. As such, outside of more fleshed-out coaching staffs, I have never understood the appeal of the mode as it was originally designed.

I hope the feature has been reimagined with a focus on the on-field football team.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-22-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Wow, nice find.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

OK, now I'm excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

How sick would it be if you can be former owners and they have their old stadiums in the game?

Take down the Triplets at Texas Stadium? Keep the Browns in Cleveland? Create a franchise in LA?
Old 04-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
As previously implemented, owner mode had zero effect on how I played Madden and might as well have not existed. Outside of more fleshed-out coaching staffs, I have never understood the appeal of the mode.

I hope the feature has been reimagined with a focus on the on-field football team.
I agree completely. And I hope that the "owner mode" cnclusion we are all jumping to includes both a "coach" and play games option- in other words don't give me "owner mode" where I just GM and do stadium stuff only to sit and watch games play out or be forced to "coach" only...
I am looking for complete control, not a glorified version of some text based harkening to games gone by...
Old 04-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Can't wait to play as JERRUH.

But seriously, if Owner mode returns, I hope it's not just a port of what previously existed. Coach ratings and progression were completely meaningless in Gen 6 (completely absent this generation, Gen 7), the stadium upgrades were completely meaningless, the build-a-stadium feature had too few options to allow for a unique creation (in either Gen 6 or Gen 7), stadium naming rights didn't do anything besides change a line of text, the uniform editor in team relocation has since been far outdone by other games, and changing concession / parking prices was completely meaningless. As previously implemented, owner mode had zero effect on how I played Madden and might as well have not existed. Outside of more fleshed-out coaching staffs, I have never understood the appeal of the mode.

They played a factor, albeit, small but it all was reflected in revenue. I remember in Madden 2004, teams would relocate after they continuously were losing a lot of money. The stadium upgrades were mostly meaningless, although I do remember seeing the 'virtual goal post' for the first time and thinking it was a glitch. And the naming rights gave you money based on season goals I believe. Stadium prices played a decent role in attendance.

It was all little stuff that was kind of cool. I think other teams relocating was the coolest thing about it. I'm with you though. I would much rather see an upgraded, redesigned take on that than just an eight year old port.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »