Home

Working in the Gaming Industry (Part II)

This is a discussion on Working in the Gaming Industry (Part II) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Working in the Gaming Industry (Part II)

As I started to settle in and understand my role, it was becoming more and more evident that the things that made sense to me, didn’t necessarily fit into what the company’s expectations were. It was very important to me to provide a voice from the gamers point of view, and I tried to stress that in every meeting, conference call, and ideation session. Sometimes the powers that be were willing to listen, other times my ideas and request just fell on deaf ears. Honestly though, there were some opportunities to offer up new perspectives, and I took full advantage of them in talking to lead developers, marketing, management and basically anyone who would listen about incorporating public desires into certain titles.

Read More - Working in the Gaming Industry (Part II)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
I want to say thank you, both for the time you spent writing this and your honesty. I wish I could say I am surprised by any of this, but that would be disingenuous on my part. I find myself wondering what would be the extremely large dollar amount that would be required to "take over" a certain company through a stock shopping spree?
Could you find enough capitol within a group that holds similar ideas about such games to beat the "talking heads" at their own game?
Maybe not, but I would love to see it happen...
Old 04-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I want to say thank you, both for the time you spent writing this and your honesty. I wish I could say I am surprised by any of this, but that would be disingenuous on my part. I find myself wondering what would be the extremely large dollar amount that would be required to "take over" a certain company through a stock shopping spree?
Could you find enough capitol within a group that holds similar ideas about such games to beat the "talking heads" at their own game?
Maybe not, but I would love to see it happen...
That extremely large dollar amount would be in the near billion range.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 30
This sounds too much like Ian talking about EA but who knows, I could be wrong. Heh...EA has been on some rubbish for a min. Some good things have come about and so has a lot more bad. Then u look at 2KSports...
Old 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
This is about what I expected, sadly the gaming industry is only one part of our economy approving these business practices. Good read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
That extremely large dollar amount would be in the near billion range.
Well then, I have a new goal - 1 billion dollars to raise to save NFL video gaming from silly suits. Seems fair enough. Now let's see, that means I need to save an additional 1 billion dollars - as I am flat broke at the moment.

Hey, I can dream right?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Gee , I wonder who he's talking about?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Wil2DaSon's Arena

OVR: 3
This is obviously an ex EA employee....

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »