Home

Working in the Gaming Industry (Part II)

This is a discussion on Working in the Gaming Industry (Part II) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Working in the Gaming Industry (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
This sounds too much like Ian talking about EA but who knows, I could be wrong.
Based on his Reddit AMA, Ian left EA Sports on good terms and didn't possess nearly the axe to grind as this anonymous blogger exhibits. I don't think it's him.

Quote:
Heh...EA has been on some rubbish for a min. Some good things have come about and so has a lot more bad. Then u look at 2KSports...
2K Sports isn't above bad press, they just don't have nearly as many high-profile releases as EA does. 2K Sports' most recent sports release was MLB 2K13, a slap in the face to sports gamers by virtue of providing strong and tangible truth to the misguided narrative that annual sports games are "merely roster updates".
Old 04-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13
Is this the guy who was a member of OS,got a job with EA and had a crazy rant on twitter.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Based on his Reddit AMA, Ian left EA Sports on good terms and didn't possess nearly the axe to grind as this anonymous blogger exhibits. I don't think it's him.

2K Sports isn't above bad press, they just don't have nearly as many high-profile releases as EA does. 2K Sports' most recent sports release was MLB 2K13, a slap in the face to sports gamers by virtue of providing strong and tangible truth to the misguided narrative that annual sports games are "merely roster updates".
It's not like the person is ranting as if wherever they came from, they left on bad terms. This person is giving more of an insight so it could be Ian but like I said, who knows.

As for 2KSports, it's not about bad press and the rest u said. It's about those guys seeming to give 120% in trying to actually recreate the sports genres they're trying to represent in their sports games. Hell, Take 2/2K seem to go the extra 5miles in ALL the games they create. Seems like almost nothing holds them back even if a game doesn't do well. The effort, love and dedication seems to far outweigh EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 02:40 AM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
First off, good write up, I just read parts 1 and 2, ready for the 3rd. After reading this I am extremely disappointed in myself and other consumers because it is our money that enables these practices. I think the writer is referring to EA but even if not, the fact that I think so, yet continue to buy ANY of their products is ridiculous. It's just video games on the surface but I have been supporting EA's unethical business practices, among other companies like Walmart, Bank of America, etc, for far too long.

We as consumers really have to become more informed about the business we are supporting through our spending and use social mediums for networking to effect change. It's time for the many to stop allowing ourselves to be lead by the "ruling" few.

"I am Spartacus!" lol
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
This article is in desperate need of an editor.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #14
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Where's part 3

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »