Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Arrives Next Week For PS3, Maybe a Week Later For 360

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Arrives Next Week For PS3, Maybe a Week Later For 360 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Arrives Next Week For PS3, Maybe a Week Later For 360

Sean Wilson, one of the Developers on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14, has posted an update on the upcoming patch.

It appears Sony has approved the PS3 patch, which will be available on April 29th at 4:00 AM EST. Unfortunately, Microsoft found an issue with the 360 patch and it will be delayed. The team has already fixed the problem and currently testing it in the studios. If all goes well, it will be available about a week after the PS3 patch release.

Just in case you missed it, here are the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 patch details.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developers Provide Some Details on Upcoming Patch

Looks like the PS3 guys got the luck this time.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
Title Update for PS3 early next week, 360's patch delayed?
Definitely bad news on my side of the user base. Sean's saying it'll delay the XBox 360 release by a week. A week from what? The original 360 patch release date or the release of the PS3 version, which will be next Monday? I got the impression from Sean's comment that he's disappointed that Sony couldn't get the PS3 patch on the vine any sooner.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
A week from what? The original 360 patch release date or the release of the PS3 version, which will be next Monday?
From the link.

Quote:
my hope is that we can get the Microsoft patch out no later than a week after the Sony patch
Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Definitely bad news on my side of the user base. Sean's saying it'll delay the XBox 360 release by a week. A week from what? The original 360 patch release date or the release of the PS3 version, which will be next Monday? I got the impression from Sean's comment that he's disappointed that Sony couldn't get the PS3 patch on the vine any sooner.
I actually found Sony and Microsoft quicker than usual looking to approve a patch. If both was released on Monday it would have been record time from when the patch was delivered to the OEM to the release date.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
Rookie

DAROCK2300's Arena

OVR: 0
As much money as these games make there shouldn't be a need for patches. They should fully test them BEFORE release and just in case there is a minor bug it should be fast tracked within 24hrs. To be honest it seems like a lot of big games are knowingly being rushed & released with the devs depending on patches to finish them.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Arrives Next Week For PS3, Maybe a Week Later For 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I actually found Sony and Microsoft quicker than usual looking to approve a patch. If both was released on Monday it would have been record time from when the patch was delivered to the OEM to the release date.
I don't typically follow the progress of patches because their absence generally aren't game breakers, like this one is for me, at least... I know the dodgy putting camera in Follow cam isn't a game breaker for most. My take from what Sean said is that if Sony has already approved it, why would it take a week to get it up for download? I may have misread what he was saying. I really don't have any basis for this, other than to say that my son follows Minecraft very closely, and he's seen patches for it take anywhere from 7 days to 24 days from the time of submission until the patch was available on XBox Live.

I have no basis at all for gauging Sony patch response, even though I also own a PS3. I've never had a game for it where I cared enough to even know if a patch was in the works for the ones I own; I just download the patch when they show up.

I'm glad Microsoft caught the bug. Imagine the outcry if they hadn't and people were experiencing game crashes because of the patch?

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 04-24-2013 at 12:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »