Home

Madden NFL 25 Run Free and Infinite Engine 2 Playbooks Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Run Free and Infinite Engine 2 Playbooks Available Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25 Playbooks - Run Free and Infinite Engine 2

This form the Infinity Engine 2:

"Furthermore, heat-seeker tackling makes it much easier to hone in on the ball carrier and wrap him up"

Heat-seeker? What?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

"Another new mechanic this year is the stumble recovery. Players will have a chance to break out of a stumble, regain their feet and continue down the field."

Are you kidding me!?

From a Madden 13 blog for the Infinity Engine:

"Balance System

Balance is another key area we worked on. Every character in the game has a balance score that we calculate based on several factors including physical attributes, actions, and where contact is made. This balance system takes these factors into account and causes characters to stumble and fall in appropriate directions with appropriate momentum. All of this seems straightforward; HOWEVER, when you consider the fact that falling forward into someone else can stop you from hitting the ground and may actually help you recover, things get very interesting. For me there are two very important things to remember with this system:

1. Watch where you run- Wait for holes to open up rather than crashing through characters that are in your way. Watch your feet so that you don’t stumble over fallen characters. Make smart cuts and hurdle when necessary.

2. Fight for every yard – Forget the days of predetermined two-man tackles. You need to continue to run and find ways to stay on your feet.

One of the coolest things about the balance system is how it affects players based on their body type. It’s a lot of fun to devise new defensive strategies by trying to take out the legs of smaller players who may not be able to recover from a stumble as well as a guy with longer legs. Suddenly it makes sense to go after a guy like Maurice Jones-Drew differently than you would Calvin Johnson."

This is ridiculous.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
and don't forget about the NEW stumble recovery animation! wow! SMFH. I hate ea.
This actually is a good thing, especially if you read where it says you can also use it to dive for a few more yards, this is the closest we have come to a sticking the ball out for more yards feature so I actually really am a big fan of this.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

No talk of proper footplanting, locomotion, or the much needed new running animations. No talk of the "new" sprint button the NCAA has implemented. This is pretty much a gimmicky feature allowing you to string moves together. The only thing I liked was the new stiff arm news. The stiff arm has been awful all generation so atleast they are addressing it.

As far as infinity engine 2.0, pretty much just cleaning up the bugs from last year. No talk of physics effecting OL/DL, DB/WR's, etc..

Very dissapointed, but not surprised. This seems like EA has pretty much given up on this generation and has done very little to the gameplay. Hopefully they are hard at work on the gameplay for the next-gen engine. HARD AT WORK
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 2

The issue with the oline wasn't really with the assignments. It was things such as the RT constantly being beaten, blocks being let go after a set amount of time and no pocket being created. It sounds like all they have done is improved the screen game so people can call it 50 times.

I'm predicting the defensive upgrades to be minimal and most scores to be above average again. Its completely ridiculous, I just hope the Connected Franchise upgrades are better than this.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

"heat-seeker tackling"

Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
After laying the lumber with the Hit Stick and Force Impact for the first time, it will be hard to go back to normal tackles.
Sounds great. *end sarcasm*

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

I will say that this is the most arcade sounding madden I have ever seen just from reading a blog, its rather upsetting.

I remember the emphasis on simulation and heading the right direction in Madden 10 and then it fell short but it seemed they were headed the right way. I am just not sure what happened to the vision with this game :/

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »