Home

Madden NFL 25 Run Free and Infinite Engine 2 Playbooks Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Run Free and Infinite Engine 2 Playbooks Available Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 25 Playbooks - Run Free and Infinite Engine 2

Quote:
Furthermore, heat-seeker tackling makes it much easier to hone in on the ball carrier and wrap him up.
What does that even mean?!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #18
Rookie

I_Pierre's Arena

OVR: 0

I think i'll just pre-order the case and tell them to keep the game
Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

The AI for o-line being addressed is only 30% of the problem. Plus, they have claimed to fix the AI several times this generation. The most recent time being Madden 11 if I remember correctly.

Madden needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL to OL/DL animations and blocking in general. They need to literally add 500-1000 animations in the trenches. With the ability for DL and OL to DRIVE their man in one direction or the other.

Also, they need to add struggle animations and tons of them. In Madden, whenever a block is engaged they just square up and latch onto one another. (Dance) When would you ever see people do that? The players should be constantly fighting and trying to get to one side or the other, or break free from the block, or lineman should be constantly fighting to maintain position and DRIVE them back.

Madden is just a simple lock each other up, dance, and one player gets a win animation.

LASTLY, please add some IMPACT blocks. Why cant we get huge crushing blind side blocks on occasion?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #20
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Can someone do a copy-paste? I'm on my phone, and their mobile site is just a bunch of HTML code. EA can't even get a mobile site right, SMH...
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 0

Words simply do not do any of what is being discussed any justice. There's lots of issues being addressed with words, but I need to really see it.

Player movement has been atrocious, so I'm happy there's much done here but seeing it is what is required.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #22
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Don't fall the fancy name calling people, the majority of this stuff has already been revealed in NCAA Football 14. Fixing pursuit angels, defensive break downs, and offensive run blocking logic has already been announced in NCAA Football 14, Madden is just stating it a different way or giving it some fancy hype name.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
The AI for o-line being addressed is only 30% of the problem. Plus, they have claimed to fix the AI several times this generation. The most recent time being Madden 11 if I remember correctly.

Madden needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL to OL/DL animations and blocking in general. They need to literally add 500-1000 animations in the trenches. With the ability for DL and OL to DRIVE their man in one direction or the other.

Also, they need to add struggle animations and tons of them. In Madden, whenever a block is engaged they just square up and latch onto one another. (Dance) When would you ever see people do that? The players should be constantly fighting and trying to get to one side or the other, or break free from the block, or lineman should be constantly fighting to maintain position and DRIVE them back.

Madden is just a simple lock each other up, dance, and one player gets a win animation.

LASTLY, please add some IMPACT blocks. Why cant we get huge crushing blind side blocks on occasion?
wait till next gen to hope for any of that bc we're definitely not getting it this gen
Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Is this not the kind of thing people were looking for to stop the zig-zagging? Surprised nobody quoted it yet (well, not really...)

Quote:
If you’ve checked out the Run Free post, then you know all about the emphasis placed on the running game this year. Some improvements and tweaks have been made to the engine itself to make the running game more rewarding and fun. First off, players can now use hard cuts when running to prevent the “swerve” running seen in years past. When a ball carrier changes direction, he now needs to decelerate and make a genuine, sharp movement to get past the defender. It’s a fix that has been in the works for a long time, and the dev team is glad it’s finally in the game.
I can't load the Run Free page right now, so I don't know what that says.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »