Home

Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

The better facets of this game are definitely being highlighted by the articles coming from outside the EA offices. Thanks for posting Steve.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'm very interested to see the new stamina mechanic in action. Good write-ups.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

This stuff sounds good and if it were announced last year for M13 I would have been elated but I'm just not "moved" this year. I don't mean that in a bad way either because ALL this stuff has been sorely needed, I'm just finally dull to the hype. I have a much more workman like approach to EA football at this point and the games are going to need to be solid come E3 to show me anything.

For instance, I am reading the blogs that sound good, thinking about things like, "how does this effect special teams?", "are injuries represented differently?", "can WR/DBs "stumble" after jump catches/ints?", etc. While the improvements sound good, I can't escape the "checks in mail feeling" of the last 8, going on 9 years, with regard to having a reasonably complete football game. I hope the issues from this console gen are truly the reason next-gen Madden has been this way and Madden on new consoles feels reasonably complete out the gate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #12
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm very interested to see the new stamina mechanic in action. Good write-ups.
Me as well -- what tempers that stamina excitement a bit is that they allowed the auto-sub settings to not work in CCM all year in M13. For the stamina impact to be maximized, they must fix the auto subs in their career mode(s).
Old 04-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Me as well -- what tempers that stamina excitement a bit is that they allowed the auto-sub settings to not work in CCM all year in M13. For the stamina impact to be maximized, they must fix the auto subs in their career mode(s).
Agreed, and a release with minimal bugs in general is of high-level importance too, IMO.

I loved Madden 13 and still do, but CCM was buggy as hell upon release (not really disputable) and it took about three patches and two months to get it into the form that I enjoyed so much.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
That's exactly what I was thinkin.

I mean, this jus sounds like what auto subs are supposed to be
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This stuff sounds good and if it were announced last year for M13 I would have been elated but I'm just not "moved" this year. I don't mean that in a bad way either because ALL this stuff has been sorely needed, I'm just finally dull to the hype. I have a much more workman like approach to EA football at this point and the games are going to need to be solid come E3 to show me anything.

For instance, I am reading the blogs that sound good, thinking about things like, "how does this effect special teams?", "are injuries represented differently?", "can WR/DBs "stumble" after jump catches/ints?", etc. While the improvements sound good, I can't escape the "checks in mail feeling" of the last 8, going on 9 years, with regard to having a reasonably complete football game. I hope the issues from this console gen are truly the reason next-gen Madden has been this way and Madden on new consoles feels reasonably complete out the gate.
It's because usually if EA doesn't tell you they worked on something so they can get a pat on the back they don't touch it or either they regressed in that area. Football in compartments.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #16
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

How does that site have 30 hours of game play in on the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »