Home

Madden NFL 25 Lets Ball Carriers Run Free (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Lets Ball Carriers Run Free (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 25 Lets Ball Carriers Run Free (ESPN)

ESPN's Jon Robinson has posted his Madden NFL 25 hands-on impressions of the Run Free mechanic.

Quote:
If my player has a 90-plus rating in that specific move category, then you’re able to pull off that highest-level move. For example: Marshawn Lynch can do the 90-plus stiff arm, but any back who isn’t rated as high, can’t do those same moves. We’re creating separation between the best runners and everybody else. Doug Martin is more of a precision runner, so he’ll have top-level precision spin and precision juke. LeGarrette Blount will have the highest level hurdle, truck, and stiff-arm ratings. We’re starting to develop the personalities of these players within our system. We’ve also added in combo moves with the right analog stick, almost like you’re playing ‘Street Fighter.’ So when you hit someone with the truck stick by pressing up, you can then hit half circle to spin. You can do back juke, spin combos, go left to right, right to left, and string together multiple moves with our fake-out system."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 25 Lets Ball Carriers Run Free (ESPN)

Much more in depth article.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

One thing that I'm hoping for, but not expecting at all, is for this to apply to the route running. I remember seeing an NFL films clip of Todd Haley yelling at Dwayne Bowe about how "You can't take a damn half hour to run a sluggo, it's a fly by. Three steps! One step! WIN!".

It's one of the frustrations I had with the passing game last year. The receivers shouldn't have to break all the way down, taking seven steps to run an out towards the sideline. It's how a lot of interceptions are created because any separation gained is lost as soon as the receiver breaks down to cut on his route rather than it being fluid.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
I am OK with the new run free highlights esp the brake / accelerate system but for novices this may be too much to intuit.

I am happy to party away with m25 on the current gen consoles like the world is coming to an end but I am reluctant to appreciate this same build on NxGen.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 04-25-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Probably a dumb quiestion but Does holding L trigger slow you down or does it put the game in Slow Motion?

After watching the short trailer last night and they kept showing the backs in slow motion before they make their move...

I am hoping it just slows your back down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Probably a dumb quiestion but Does holding L trigger slow you down or does it put the game in Slow Motion?

After watching the short trailer last night and they kept showing the backs in slow motion before they make their move...

I am hoping it just slows your back down
You pose a great Q.

I would not overlook the chances in this becoming a claim as they have already conveyed the nerve to allude to street fighter and assasins creed as fundamental technologies for their run free build.

*Slow down effects may very well be inspired by Max Payne himself - the ultimate deliverer of slowed-down pain -- no joke. See "bullet time".

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm very happy the zig zag running is gone and the stiff arm is back. I don't believe the game uses L2 for slow motion, it just slows you down which makes sense if you want to pull off some sweet moves. You can't juke and spin without losing speed.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Lol @ The assassins creed comparison. I hope it's similar to how 2k did it. Also like 2k I hope you're able to push your line forward, but knowing Tiburon, I doubt they thought about that.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »