Home

New Xbox Revealed on May 21, First Glimpses of Madden/FIFA coming?

This is a discussion on New Xbox Revealed on May 21, First Glimpses of Madden/FIFA coming? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
New Xbox Revealed on May 21, First Glimpses of Madden/FIFA coming?

The next Xbox will be revealed on the morning of May 21, 2013 at Microsoft HQ in Redmond, Washington. At that event, it is likely we will get our first glimpses at what the console can do and also what apps could be coming to the console.

Another key cog in all of this likely will be Electronic Arts, who was notably absent from the Sony PlayStation 4 reveal event earlier this year. It is likely that EA will be joining Microsoft as a highly rumored exclusivity deal has been talked about between both companies. While Madden will likely still release on both platforms, it is possible exclusive content or even an earlier release date could accompany EA games on Microsoft consoles.

Assuming EA is at the Microsoft presser, it is likely they will show off next-gen versions of either Madden, FIFA or both at the event. Coincidentally enough, EA has a huge gap in their planned releases of Madden playbooks, which begins on May 20 and ends on June 24. It is entirely possible EA is holding off on releasing current gen info as they announce the next gen version of Madden, as PR details like this certainly are worked out well in advance.

While more details probably won't be available until later in the year and closer to the consoles' launch this Holiday season, it seems feasible our first look at next-gen sports gaming could happen in a little under a month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New Xbox Revealed on May 21, First Glimpses of Madden/FIFA coming?

I'll laugh at anyone who buys into the hype of the next-gen Madden cg teaser. If you didn't learn your lesson with the 360/PS3 one, you deserve your eventual disappointment.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Well if the rumors are true I guess I will be getting Madden and other EA titles later. I'm not going to buy the new Xbox.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
If this exclusivity deal turns out to be true, it's another blunder by EA. Nothing new there really.. The day that company goes under will be a great day for all gamers around the world.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster
I'll laugh at anyone who buys into the hype of the next-gen Madden cg teaser. If you didn't learn your lesson with the 360/PS3 one, you deserve your eventual disappointment.
Then laugh at me, because I will be exited if they show next gen Madden. I hope they don't do a trailer like they did for the 360, however I'm very interested to see what they will do with Madden in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OVR: 0
It isn't that wise to say that Madden will fail next gen since the only sense of failing just lasted for one gen. It would be wiser to say that EA Sports learned from that last fail and want to come out strong for this one.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
I don't believe they will have some joint venture, why would EA go with Microsoft exclusively.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Buy into the hype or not! People will buy

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »