Home

BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Football

This is a discussion on BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: No Playoffs in NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
And there it is. The malarkey reason I was expecting.

Now I'm going to seriously consider not buying the game this year.

Thanks, EA. I've bought this game every year since NCAA '98 and you're forcing me to rethink my yearly decision.

BAD MOVE.
Why is that "malarkey"? Would you prefer they make up criteria? It is what it is.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #18
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
I expected this.
I agree. I wasn't expecting a playoff for NCAA 14.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #19
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

SO we haven't had this in a football game since....EVER and now people don't want the game? This makes 0 sense, why is this such a big deal?????
Old 04-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #20
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
SO we haven't had this in a football game since....EVER and now people don't want the game? This makes 0 sense, why is this such a big deal?????
One of the old NCAA games had the option for a playoff. I think it might have been NCAA Gamebreaker 99 or NCAA Football 99 but I'm not sure. It was on the original Playstation and I remember having the option to select a playoff or BCS before starting a season.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #21
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

older EA Football games had playoffs, up to ncaa 2001.
Gamebreaker also had optional playoffs.

Its a big deal now because in the dynasty mode, we will be stuck playing the BCS for the entire dynasty, when in reality, it will only be around for one more year.

It would make the most sense to make it so the top 4 teams in the final AP polls make the playoffs. its simple. There isnt much else to it, because that basically what its gonna be like in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
It would make the most sense to make it so the top 4 teams in the final AP polls make the playoffs. its simple. There isnt much else to it, because that basically what its gonna be like in real life.
You could do that but if that's not how selections are going to made then people would complain that it wasn't right. The other piece to figure out is how the bowl games that get the first round of playoffs will be rotated and picking the national championship game site.

I would have liked a generic playoff like you suggested, but the NCAA/BCS may not have allowed that option. It won't effect me enjoying the game. Gameplay determines that one.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
One of the old NCAA games had the option for a playoff. I think it might have been NCAA Gamebreaker 99 or NCAA Football 99 but I'm not sure. It was on the original Playstation and I remember having the option to select a playoff or BCS before starting a season.
That was 15 years ago and two system generations ago. I have no idea why people would expect this when the system doesnt go into effect until next year.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #24
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
And there it is. The malarkey reason I was expecting.

Now I'm going to seriously consider not buying the game this year.

Thanks, EA. I've bought this game every year since NCAA '98 and you're forcing me to rethink my yearly decision.

BAD MOVE.
They don't have it all set in stone in real life in the first place, so why don't you just go cry about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »