Home

How EA Sports Can Save Its Basketball Brand, Part 1: Features & Part 2: Gameplay

This is a discussion on How EA Sports Can Save Its Basketball Brand, Part 1: Features & Part 2: Gameplay within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
How EA Sports Can Save Its Basketball Brand, Part 1: Features & Part 2: Gameplay

UTC has posted two separate articles on how EA Sports can save its basketball brand. Part 1 talks about features and part 2 is all about gameplay.

Quote:
Footwork is of utmost importance when it comes to basketball. It is often the difference in separating good players from great players. Derrick Rose is so successful because of it – how he plants on a dime, uses a quick first step to explode to the basket or use hesitation and quick jabs. Footwork also directly impacts how great a defender is. Great defenders use their superior footwork to stay ahead of great offensive players and poor defenders can be taken advantage of if they’re flat-footed.

If we can learn from FIFA, and use footwork as a main component of the game, we could separate the true superstars from the average players and it would be awesome to also see realistic footwork ratings that worked to differentiate players from each other.

There are plenty of good ideas in the two articles, make sure you add some of yours.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6
Releasing the game would help a lot.

Chelsea FC
Old 04-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Wow, looks like it's mostly online stuff and to be honest I couldn't care less about any online crap. I'm an offline player (although I do like 2k's VC idea when it works correctly). Also, what do you mean take away the arcade from NBA Street, that was what was great about that series. NBA Street was great the way it was, they do need to bring it back but the take the arcade away from that series would be a huge mistake. It'd be like buying the blacktop mode of 2k with nothing else at all to go along with it.

Personally I want to see a CBB game from somebody.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How EA Sports Can Save Its Basketball Brand, Part 1: Features & Part 2: Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Wow, looks like it's mostly online stuff and to be honest I couldn't care less about any online crap. I'm an offline player (although I do like 2k's VC idea when it works correctly). Also, what do you mean take away the arcade from NBA Street, that was what was great about that series. NBA Street was great the way it was, they do need to bring it back but the take the arcade away from that series would be a huge mistake. It'd be like buying the blacktop mode of 2k with nothing else at all to go along with it.

Didn't read part 2? It was all about gameplay.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Quote:

yea didn't really read part 2 at first but did just now and think that these are some good ideas.

The features portion to me is going to be always dominated by 2k (at least in my mind) until EA can come up with some better offline play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:

If EA again bring back to NBA Street series that unrealistically moves and dunks like in Nba Street Homecourt this would be a HUGEST mistake. Leave this arcade style for tablets and kids.
Why it is so needed? Just go to youtube and look to all this AND1 and streetball crazy stuff. Is not that enough? We need authentic streetball game!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur
If EA again bring back to NBA Street series that unrealistically moves and dunks like in Nba Street Homecourt this would be a HUGEST mistake. Leave this arcade style for tablets and kids.
Why it is so needed? Just go to youtube and look to all this AND1 and streetball crazy stuff. Is not that enough? We need authentic streetball game!
But the NBA Street series was amazing the way it was. Classic stuff. I don't know if re-releasing it would bring it back but I think it would help. I just don't see that many people interested in a straight up street ball game when 2k already has a blacktop mode. There were AND1 basketball games (Street Hoops and AND1 Basketball) made by Activision some time ago. I imagine EA could probably do better but I honestly think EA would do better by re-releasing NBA Street games.

Once again, as far as realism 2k has that taken and had for a long time I don't think EA is capable of making a better realistic game than 2k.

However, any b-ball game would garner my attention anyways.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Storm12's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How EA Sports Can Save Its Basketball Brand, Part 1: Features & Part 2: Gameplay

I hope if they do remake nba street they don't make it like homecourt. That game had too many things going on in it (The weird defense, the super monster dunks worth three points), the first three games in the series were enough. I personally would not get a game that was like homecourt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »