Home

Madden NFL 25 Infinity Engine 2.0 Impressions (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Infinity Engine 2.0 Impressions (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 25 Infinity Engine 2.0 Impressions (MyMaddenPad)

MyMaddenPad has posted their impressions of the improved Infinity Engine in Madden NFL 25.

Quote:
The Force Impact system is pretty sweet and uses the size of a player, the weight of a player, and the impact of the collision to produce realistic outcomes. What this means is that big backs will feel like bigger players when going against small DBs in the open field. I know that this all sounds good and I agree because in the build that we played in February didn’t have the Force Impact System. We saw a cool video about it but until I get my hands on Madden 25 again with it in there, no use in me talking about it but to explain what the developers told us and explain what they are trying to accomplish.

One of the more subtle things you’ll notice about the new Infinity Engine is something that EA calls “contextual awareness”. Contextual Awareness is not only evident when guys are getting up after the play but when a guy hurdles over someone, he may put his hand on the player’s shoulder or when a player spins, you may see his hand feel for the defender. With this players are also a lot more solid so that when you run into your own player you won’t just fall down.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Infinity Engine Gets Upgraded For Madden 25 (Hands on with MyMaddenPad)

"Overall the Physics in Madden NFL 25 is going to be 10x better than it was in Madden NFL 13 if executed right."

I Just can't trust gushy, glaring previews when they say something like this prefaced by saying....

"One other note coming from my time on the game in Madden NFL 25 earlier in February was the addition of the “Stumble and Recovery” mechanic. I’m a little on the fence on this one just because during our time there it wasn’t working properly."

OR

"I know that this all sounds good and I agree because in the build that we played in February didn't have the Force Impact System. We saw a cool video about it but until I get my hands on Madden 25 again with it in there, no use in me talking about it but to explain what the developers told us and explain what they are trying to accomplish"

I appreciate people trying to get the facts out, but when their personal opinion is this positive without major features even being present in the build they played, how can I take that as a credible opinion. So far all I'm reading is the same things that are in the playbooks released by EA...some statements almost verbatim but most are simply restating the bullet points.

Thanks for the link JP.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@TreFactor, I don't agree about that, it seems like a pretty transparent review, imo. Shop was open upfront stating what he hadn't actually tried and what he thought of what he had tried, then stated IF everything works well, it should be 10x better. I don't get what's bias about that, sure he obviously likes Madden and wants it to be good, I think we all want it to be good but I think that was a forth right write up. To each their own though.

I was interested to read about the Force Impact taking weight into account and Shop saying that's what he will be looking for going forward because all I have read thus far is about ratings being the driving force behind these things. If weight really matters and players feel different on the stick, that's an improvement.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@TreFactor, I don't agree about that, it seems like a pretty transparent review, imo. Shop was open upfront stating what he hadn't actually tried and what he thought of what he had tried, then stated IF everything works well, it should be 10x better. I don't get what's bias about that, sure he obviously likes Madden and wants it to be good, I think we all want it to be good but I think that was a forth right write up. To each their own though.

I was interested to read about the Force Impact taking weight into account and Shop saying that's what he will be looking for going forward because all I have read thus far is about ratings being the driving force behind these things. If weight really matters and players feel different on the stick, that's an improvement.
Big, I'm not saying he's biased or that any other preview has been this far, but shouldn't some of the key features referenced in the writings, be functioning before you can give an opinion on them otherwise it's just speculation.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Big, I'm not saying he's biased or that any other preview has been this far, but shouldn't some of the key features referenced in the writings, be functioning before you can give an opinion on them otherwise it's just speculation.
I am not trying to be critical of your critique, I just disagree with it. Imo Shop has been somewhat overzealous in the past in some write ups concerning other Maddens but I didn't get that impression in this one. There has to be some speculation in a preview because he hasn't played the complete game, including all features. I was glad to see him actually state that he hadn't tried this or that and any optimism about those things is based solely on what he was told.

As far as any key features functioning, I think there were some he mentioned that he did actually use, like the stumble recovery and contextual awareness, one of which he was somewhat critical of. Also I think you may be overlooking that fact that he admitted to trying to touch on more things than just repeating what was already in the EA blogs.

All I am saying Tre is there is nothing in this write up that gave me the impression of someone trying to "sell" my on the game or him being overzealous, I found it intentionally transparent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
"What this means is that big backs will feel like bigger players when going against small DBs in the open field." I love the sound of this but I will believe it when I see it.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 25 Infinity Engine 2.0 Impressions (MyMaddenPad)

My slogan: IBIWISI.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 30
I think there will be a huge step up from 13 with IE. I actually didn't mind the crazy looking stuff in 13 because I was just glad they got some resemblance of real time physic, finally. It was the first time it was in the game so I figured it would be rough.

That being said, while I like what I read here and love the idea of the new controls, this should tide me over til an expected "realer deal" on PS4, hopefully next year, and not THIS year. Don't rush a next gen version of Madden, please, EA. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »