Home

Madden NFL 25 Video Interview with Some Early Gameplay Shown (GotGame)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video Interview with Some Early Gameplay Shown (GotGame) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Ea Sports Season Opener Interview with Rex Dickson (New Madden 25 Footage shown)

Big hits are great they are part of the game and do happen week in and week out. That being said i don't want to see one on every play especially those over the top WWF style hit that look like the ball carrier jumps backwards to sell the hit like an actor. That big hit by the 49ers player, Patrick Willis I assume, looks so awful it looks nothing like football.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:29 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Ea Sports Season Opener Interview with Rex Dickson (New Madden 25 Footage shown)

I also need to hear more about this heat seeker tackling thing. What exactly does it do? Does it just automatically put you on a b line for the ball carrier? Is it tied to tackle and or pursuit ratings?

I'm a purist and like have as much user control as possible. I've played with auto sprint and auto strafe off since they were introduced. Will we be able to turn off this heat seeker thing?

On a semi related note, EA tries to market madden as sim then adds heat seeker tackling....that doesn't sound very sim to me. How about calling it good defense or form tackling.?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:39 AM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

This is a truck from Madden 13, done right

http://youtu.be/yZ5rw_moQ-k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 02:44 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
New Dolphins uniforms at 1:48

No........ thats our old uniforms

Old 04-28-2013, 02:47 AM   #13
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Stixx
No........ thats our old uniforms

New logo though, this event happened before the uniform unveiling so that's probably why it's just the new logo being shown. I'm certain all the new uniforms will be in Madden 25.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #14
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

This game just keeps looking worse to me. I've never seen a player in the NFL, trip over a defender (with BOTH feet) and maintain their balance, it seems like everyone who trips is able to recover. The RGIII spin behind the LOS is absolutely atrocious and looks like some Backyard NFL on PC stuff. This Truck Force Hit Stick, I don't care whether it can be toned down or tuned, like someone said earlier, how does that even make it into the build??? What happened to this Infinity Engine, cause I know when two players running at top speed collide head on, there is absolutely no way in hell one of them is going to fly back as if he was just shot with a shotgun 3 feet away.

Even the interviewer, (I'm sorry) looks and talks as if he's a casual gamer. Nothing about this game so far is blowing me away, actually, it's really blowing me away from ever buying Madden again. These animations are too arcady and remind me too much of NBA Live 2007, it's as if I'm playing a cartoon. I know it's only April, but like I said, I haven't seen ONE video where I walked away saying, "okay, EA's over here putting in some work," and closed the video amazed. We keep saying, ah I'll wait until I see this, I'll wait until I see that... These videos are as clear as the invisible man in the mirror. These running animations looks as if they've taken a step back from already not being near the step it's supposed to be at.

Very disappointing with what I've seen this far.

EDIT: Rewatched the video again, in the Raider clip, my man does a spin move and both feet run into {gets caught under} a Browns defender who is lying or falling on his back, and DMC (I'm assuming) doesn't fall on his face like he's supposed to, because that's what physics tells me, one of these elementary kids from that phone commercial would be able to tell you that... he doesn't fall, he STUMBLES..... is able to maintain some sort of speed, put his arm down to regain his balance, and continues on... .... WTF!

Last edited by d11king; 04-28-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Only thing I'm not liking at all at this point is the overblown hits. This needs tones down.
The "stumbling"??? yeah some shown should not be recoverable but I'll wait and see if it's more based on player rating for who recovers and who doesn't..
The hits... please EA..tone it down a bit.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #16
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

whats worse is if, these animations cause the bowling pin effect again, where other defenders can't come in an clean up the ball carrier

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »