Home

Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

UTC has posted their Madden NFL 25 gameplay roundtable. A few of the guys there have had hands-on time with the game.

Quote:
For years, FBs have been rendered useless to a good degree because they wouldn’t logically block the closest threat to the RB. Now, it seems that your blockers only go for the most realistic threat to the play and not just aimlessly running downfield to block someone that has no impact on the play outcome. This will be nice to see how this plays out with screens and short pass plays as well. To see how players seek out defenders to pick them up and seal off the section of the field to allow the ball carrier to realistically get downfield. Also, what must go along with it to be authentic, is the blocking animations need to be more realistic and move away from the static “phone booth” engagements between the defender and blocker respectively.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

Now that is an honest assement of where things stand.

Nice find.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Now that is an honest assement of where things stand.

Nice find.
Yeah I agree 100% with them and that's why when they tell me they didn't see or notice certain things in their hands on time with the game, that people have been concerned about based on one trailer, I feel better about where Madden 25 stands.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Buckeye: Ball Hawk is still in the game which is horrible news for every realism based player. Being able to hold a single button and have a defender (yes even a defensive tackle) run into position and make an over the shoulder interception is a very bad thing. The probability boost of getting an interception by using Ball Hawk is crazy, from my personal experience its nearly 100%. We cannot have a realistic football game as long as things like this are there. At best we can hope for an “On/Off” toggle in CCM and other modes. Hopefully they can get it in there since I bring it up every time I talk to the dev team. Honestly MANY of us have brought this to them as an issue. we all need to FIGHT to have these things eliminated. At the very least make them be lower skill level only. Once you get to All-Pro or All-Madden they are unable to be used. I will say it now, if you use Ball Hawk… you are a chump.
This. Overall, very good read. EA has their feedback, let's see how this turns out ...
Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
This. Overall, very good read. EA has their feedback, let's see how this turns out ...
I tweeted them about this earlier today.I think everyone who wants EA to make the best possible game needs to stand behind and support these guys and stop fighting them, because they have the attention of the devs more so than anyone else. For those on twitter, tweet @eamaddennfl and let your voice be heard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19
I think the bottom line is that everyone's perception of "What Football" should look like ranges across a broad spectrum and that it doesn't mean that one is right, while the other is wrong.

With that, I believe this is what's represented in various post concerning EA's brand of football on just about any/every discussion board concerning the sport.

Oftentimes when I see posting from those who have had some pre-release play time (at whatever build stage) I immediately know that my perception of football and the in's and out's of the video game representation will be very different.

My point of view comes from my experience at all 3 levels as well as from a coach's point of view, which in many ways, may be why I'm so critical about what plays out on the screen. I know that vast number of other gamer's will post perceptions that will in some ways agree, and in many disagree with what I see (even from a simple screen shot).

Take this and the history of the game maker and it's football game, one can see why gamer's viewpoints of EA's football games range from one end to the other.

The truth is that the "Sports Gaming Standards" are against Madden and NCAA which adds to the dissection of their football games.

The question isn't...
Will Madden 25 be better than any other prior Madden release?

But rather, will Madden 25 meet or be better than the Sports Gaming Standards that other games have set?

This question is what I look for in any pre-release play review/write-up concerning any sports game.
In the case of Madden/NCAA, I'm just not seeing in their words something/anything that says the games have finally met and/or exceeded that standard.

I guess my personal perception's "WOW" factor is set TOOOO high for this game maker!!!

Good feedback though.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
We appreciate the feedback guys. Thanks for reading. Just remember that no matter if we're Game Changers or not, we still have concerns and issues. We're always trying to improve the games we play but that doesn't necessarily mean they listen to us at all times.

Keep hitting us with feedback and we'll keep bringing it to the studios.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
We appreciate the feedback guys. Thanks for reading. Just remember that no matter if we're Game Changers or not, we still have concerns and issues. We're always trying to improve the games we play but that doesn't necessarily mean they listen to us at all times.

Keep hitting us with feedback and we'll keep bringing it to the studios.
Corey, thanks for stepping in here and responding.

Have you played any parts of the game, yet? pre-alpa, alpha? etc.......

I was wondering if you have seen more wrap-up tackles, yet, vs some of these collision style hits with these trailers we are seeing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »