Home

No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15, Focus Shifts to Next-Gen and Tiger 16

This is a discussion on No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15, Focus Shifts to Next-Gen and Tiger 16 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15, Focus Shifts to Next-Gen and Tiger 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm pleasantly surprised at how this news is being received both here and every other forum where Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf is discussed. People are a lot more grounded in reason than I gave them credit. This is probably resounding positively in EA Sports' board room as well
I suspect this news wouldn't be taken so well if the newly released version fell short like a majority of its predecessors.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I've got a sense that they're taking a major hit over low sales of Tiger 14, and that's what cinched the decision not to go with a Tiger 15 release. The decision to focus on a quality release, based on a totally new engine, for the Gen-4 consoles is a smart one, IMO.
This is probably the real reason. Cost of operating a full boat and sinking sales would be a good reason to dial the team back, make cuts and gear up for next gen.

There is no way anyone, let alone a company like EA, would sacrifice money for a higher quality product. That's not big business. This has underlying fiscal reasons written all over it.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #19
Banned

Profit89's Arena

One further thing.. Developers/Publishers should fully embrace modding. Treat the community as a member of the team. Like Bethesda with Skyrim. Great example of a symbiotic relationship between gamer and developer. The community can keep the games fresh and up to date. Happy consumer = returning consumer = long term loyal customer.

No offence to some developers, but they are short sighted and go for quick $... that's how you get dumb ideas like DRM. You piss off your customers when you go for the cash. Not a good long term move.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
Banned

Profit89's Arena

Edit: I should have said Publishers not Developers. It's usually the publishers that come up with nonsense ideas like DRM, etc.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #21
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

I know we all like to bash EA a bit here and many other boards but they deserve credit for making this move. It is a risk for sure, but I strongly believe it will pay off in the long run for the next gen with the ambitions it seems the devs have for this series.

Plus having Tiger 14 being hands down the best golf game since Links 2004 and maybe superior to it in many ways doesn't hurt either. I'm gonna be playing this for a LONG while.

Bravo EA

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #22
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

Taking a year off only adds pressure to deliver a complete golf game.

And with the current engine, there is a LOT of work to do.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #23
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

A couple points:

1. This year's game is GREAT, so not getting a game next year is no big deal.
2. Sports games should be every other year releases in the first place.

Just a great decision, especially after the mess that was the transition to the current-gen from the PS2 era.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
2-year cycle is a good move for the sports genre in general. And stop limiting yourselves to only two platforms with next-gen. There's no reason not to bring a game to all platforms nowadays. Tiger and NHL should have made their way back to PC years ago. Are you kidding me.
It is not a 2 year cycle. They are taking an additional year to get the next gen games started on the right foot.

As far as PC versions of NHL and Tiger, the PC sports game market just doesn't make sense right now to EA. sales of Tiger PC tanked badly from TW99 on and TW08 for PC did not even post a positive ROI. Would you invest in such a market?

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »