Home

Madden NFL 25 Will Not Be Released For the Wii U This Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Will Not Be Released For the Wii U This Year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Madden NFL 25 Will Not Be Released For the Wii U This Year

According to Nintendo World Report, Madden will not release on any of the Nintendo platforms for the first time since 1991.

Quote:
We will not be releasing a Wii U version of Madden NFL in 2013. However, we have a strong partnership with Nintendo and will continue to evaluate opportunities for delivering additional Madden NFL products for Nintendo fans in the future.
Platform: Wii U

Last edited by TreFacTor; 05-01-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: No Madden 25 for Wii U (2013)

Pretty much known this for a while.

Again anyone buying a WiiU for 3rd party games IMO made a mistake. I got mine for Nintendo games and the PS4 or 720 will be the all in one console... just need to decide which one!!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-02-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Pretty much known this for a while.

Again anyone buying a WiiU for 3rd party games IMO made a mistake. I got mine for Nintendo games and the PS4 or 720 will be the all in one console... just need to decide which one!!
I refused to buy my son a Wii U. I knew he would only play 3 games on it. not worth the investment.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #4
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I refused to buy my son a Wii U. I knew he would only play 3 games on it. not worth the investment.
My son is 6 yrs old. We have Wii but he hates most of the games because of the complexity of the controls. LOL. He spends more time on 360, when I let him play games because he has an easier time with the controls.

So we go to gamestop the other day and they have WiiU with some demo games - and you have to do part of the game on the touch screen. He plays for like two minutes, sets the WiiPad (or whatever it is called) back on the stand, looks up at me and says "This thing is stupid Daddy, the controls stink and I have to keep moving my eyes from the TV to play!"

I find it funny that my kid figured out in 2 mins that Nintendo is wacky out of their minds - all their games are marketed at kids but the controls are difficult even for adults - I tried the same game and didn't even last 30 seconds before I was sick of it...
Old 05-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #5
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
My son is 6 yrs old. We have Wii but he hates most of the games because of the complexity of the controls. LOL. He spends more time on 360, when I let him play games because he has an easier time with the controls.

So we go to gamestop the other day and they have WiiU with some demo games - and you have to do part of the game on the touch screen. He plays for like two minutes, sets the WiiPad (or whatever it is called) back on the stand, looks up at me and says "This thing is stupid Daddy, the controls stink and I have to keep moving my eyes from the TV to play!"

I find it funny that my kid figured out in 2 mins that Nintendo is wacky out of their minds - all their games are marketed at kids but the controls are difficult even for adults - I tried the same game and didn't even last 30 seconds before I was sick of it...
I found this funny...
http://kotaku.com/wii-owners-nintend...-u-o-486178764
And your kid is pretty smart! My sons 15 and couldn't see past his fanboyism in order to see the downside of the console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Agree...Only worth it if you love the Nintendo games.
I need my Mario, Zelda, Pikmen etc.. fix.

And for what it's worth the controls are hardly complicated.
The only difference is some games have touch screen additions that yeah you need to look down at the pad.
Again though I'll get my 3rd party games from the 720 or PS4 (please don't cost a fortune!!) and enjoy the WiiU for the Nintendo games.
The system SHOULD have been held off a bit and made more in line with the new systems.. however nothing can be done about that at this point.
Should probably leave the whole system talk though to the WiiU forum so mods don't get "upset" lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-02-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #7

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: No Madden for Wii U (2013)

Sad thing is Nintendo said it would get strong 3rd party support but its not.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

Re: No Madden for Wii U (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Agree...Only worth it if you love the Nintendo games.
I need my Mario, Zelda, Pikmen etc.. fix.

And for what it's worth the controls are hardly complicated.
The only difference is some games have touch screen additions that yeah you need to look down at the pad.
Again though I'll get my 3rd party games from the 720 or PS4 (please don't cost a fortune!!) and enjoy the WiiU for the Nintendo games.
The system SHOULD have been held off a bit and made more in line with the new systems.. however nothing can be done about that at this point.
Should probably leave the whole system talk though to the WiiU forum so mods don't get "upset" lol
The 720 is rumored to be $499 but have a cheaper version that requires a 2 year live sub (seems to support the always on rumor) don't know about the PS4 but that sounds about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Sad thing is Nintendo said it would get strong 3rd party support but its not.
Yeah I don't trust anything Reggie says....he said the same thing about the Wii.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »