Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

If running backs certainly do "run free" this feature will be heavily policed, because I believe lots and I mean lots of players will be at a disadvantage. Why? Because if you're player of fighting games like marvel vs capcom, mortal kombat etc.....If you can consistently string combos in the 12- 20 hit range then if this feature works as perceived then you know the rest!!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I am a big fan of the music in this trailer, I hope it is indicative of the in-game score.

As for Run Free, I'm not a huge fan of the excessive hop jukes. I can only assume that the RBs are juiced in this trailer to showcase the new controls, however, and I can appreciate having more tackle evasion options at my disposal during gameplay.

I look forward to learning more about the game.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Highlight of this video to me is the stiff arms, really like that Doug Martin one. I'm not going crazy or anything over this, but this is much better than the first trailer.

Looks like they fixed the Doug Martin model since that one screenshot, hope they did the same with Russell Wilson.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-02-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Stixx
If running backs certainly do "run free" this feature will be heavily policed, because I believe lots and I mean lots of players will be at a disadvantage. Why? Because if you're player of fighting games like marvel vs capcom, mortal kombat etc.....If you can consistently string combos in the 12- 20 hit range then if this feature works as perceived then you know the rest!!
wrong. they implemented a stamina bar. u cant just keep pulling off multiple combo moves like u would in a fighting game.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Sigh... Wake me up when next-gen gets here. Running backs DO NOT run like this. This looks like NFL Blitz with how arcadey these animations are.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 0
Some of it looks a little more visceral than before (as it should be finally) but why dont the devs fix the running animations? Every player is frozen into a leaned over hunch back position like they're in a never ending state of acceleration. They never stand all the way up and sprint, they stay hunched over at top speed. Its really not a good look and its very noticeable.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
The defence looks BAD!!!The offence is way over powered as it is in M13!!!I dont know man; Im not feeling M25 this year coming from from a defensive point of view.
Given that it is a video promoting the run free feature, they aren't going to show how ineffective it can be. I'm sure it will be balanced by launch by both the improved defence and new stamina system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #16
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Highlight of this video to me is the stiff arms, really like that Doug Martin one. I'm not going crazy or anything over this, but this is much better than the first trailer.
Same here. I like the Arian Foster one that had a little bit of give and take with the defender. I just hope that it works both ways where sometimes the defender wins and takes him down and sometimes he shoves him off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »