Home

iOOTP Baseball 2013 Review (iPhone/iPad)

This is a discussion on iOOTP Baseball 2013 Review (iPhone/iPad) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
iOOTP Baseball 2013 Review (iPhone/iPad)

Last week we posted our review of Out of the Park Baseball 14, which garnered extremely high marks from us once again this season. The Out of the Park Baseball series is a simulation which focuses heavily on the business aspects of baseball, where you manage your franchise from the minor leagues on up to make the most money and to win the most games. In a sense, OOTP is as much a business simulation as it is a baseball one.

This week, we are taking a look at iOOTP Baseball 2013, which is the newest installment of a mobile version of the aforementioned game. This year, you get real 2013 MLB rosters along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team, with each player rated based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus.

How does iOOTP Baseball 2013 match up? Read on to find out.

Read More - iOOTP Baseball 2013 Review (iPhone/iPad)
Platform: iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Rookie

JaySwizzlez's Arena

OVR: 1
I liked the game as well, but I found the menus a bit clunky and opted to spend most of my time on the PC version. Still a great way to pass time on road trip, however.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14
I love this game as a way to pass some time. Ive been running a KC Royals Career and am current 41-37 2.5 games back from 1st place.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwizzlez
I liked the game as well, but I found the menus a bit clunky and opted to spend most of my time on the PC version. Still a great way to pass time on road trip, however.
Is the PC version a huge difference? Thinking about getting that one.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
PR and Marketing Manager at OOTP Developments

OVR: 0
Facts: Yes, there are tons of features in the PC version that aren't in the iOS one, including all historical seasons going back to 1871, many customization options (everything from logos and player and stadium pics to tweaking the sim itself), commissioner mode (lets you edit players, move teams, and do just about anything you want), many more strategy settings (settings for various game situations, as well as per-player settings), and much more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradOOTP
Facts: Yes, there are tons of features in the PC version that aren't in the iOS one, including all historical seasons going back to 1871, many customization options (everything from logos and player and stadium pics to tweaking the sim itself), commissioner mode (lets you edit players, move teams, and do just about anything you want), many more strategy settings (settings for various game situations, as well as per-player settings), and much more.
Thanks man

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »