Home

Women Not in FIFA 14 This Year, the Right Call?

This is a discussion on Women Not in FIFA 14 This Year, the Right Call? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
when FIFA world cup 14 comes out. id be more willing to but it if the women were in it. US mens team is crap. I dont see them making a whole separate game just for the womens world cup.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3
I think the women's World Cup would be the way to go. Either that or Marta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iba7RiOuvEQ
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
the great thing about the women's national teams is that the USA would be ranked #1 or #2. that's pretty kool, since our men's U.S. squad sux donkey balls. i wouldn't mind playing the women's world cup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0
Why is this an issue? What's next, WNBA not in NBA 2k, right call? Who really cares about women sports. The only time women's soccer matters is in the Olympics, other then that, do they even play during the year?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:31 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Just turn down every slider to zero and squint your eyes.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
Women's football sucks. I was at a game once and this women shot from the kickoff point and the ball trickled in the goal. Women are slower, physically weaker and therefore the game itself becomes slow which is kinda boring.

I don't want to offend any women nor any fans of women's football but those biological differences make women's football really boring to watch and I suppose that's why it would be boring to play.

Maybe there will be some feminists who'll sue EA... or make some fuss about it but it's just not profitable for EA
Old 05-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9
A couple of questions to answer with regards to whether FIFA (or any sports game for that matter) should include women players and teams in their genre respective video games:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
A couple of questions to answer with regards to whether FIFA (or any sports game for that matter) should include women players and teams in their genre respective video games:
Since I got trigger happy:

1) Will including women significantly increase sales? As a lot of people said, women soccer is only really popular in the USA, I think mostly due to the fact that the USWNT is ranked #1 in the world. But other than that, women are, on the average, not as fast, not as strong, and not as reactive as men, and that would make the game not as exciting. If EA thinks including women will boost sales, then they'll by all means go for it, but I am of the opinion that sales would not significantly increase because most women are not sports video game players. The only game where it would be worthwhile is TW PGA because there really isn't a big difference between men and women golfers besides power--which is corrected for by the women playing shorter courses

2) Is it right for video games to not include women? This question is pretty self-explanatory and is ethical in nature. It has less to due with how it will affect sales and more to do with is it right that women aren't included in video games. I believe it is, because the brands being marketed are the NBA, NFL, MLB, NCAAMF, NHL, FIFA, and PGA, all of which don't have a woman player on them. So long as there is regularly not women on any of these men's sports, I think it is fair for women to be left out of the video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »