Home

Women Not in FIFA 14 This Year, the Right Call?

This is a discussion on Women Not in FIFA 14 This Year, the Right Call? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Women Not in FIFA 14 This Year, the Right Call?

"maintain the status quo" is a stupid ****ing reason to not have women in the game (and not to do anything ever), sorry. the nhl series had women and the option to create a female pro in it. the tiger woods series has women and a women's tournament in it. women's hockey and golf are definitely less popular than women's soccer so popularity and "well would it increase sales?" are dumb points made irrelevant by the fact that ea has already done this before in different sports series.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlanni1
Why is this an issue? What's next, WNBA not in NBA 2k, right call?
I'm very PC when it comes to supporting women's rights etc. but this is the correct perspective here, absolutely.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #19
Rookie

Why bother implementing women when you could just throw in the worst of the men? No sense made by trying to be inclusive for the sake of being inclusive....
Old 05-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8
If they want to, sure, but I'd rather they concentrate on actually improving the game before putting women's football in, seeing as I wouldn't play it.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #21
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
Since I got trigger happy:

But other than that, women are, on the average, not as fast, not as strong, and not as reactive as men, and that would make the game not as exciting.
I would suggest actually watching a match before implying that it's not as exciting.

As for the question at hand, if EA comes out with a FIFA WC Edition for 2014, that would be the perfect time to unleash this. Having the option to play the Mens or Womens WC would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhatch
"maintain the status quo" is a stupid ****ing reason to not have women in the game (and not to do anything ever), sorry. the nhl series had women and the option to create a female pro in it. the tiger woods series has women and a women's tournament in it. women's hockey and golf are definitely less popular than women's soccer so popularity and "well would it increase sales?" are dumb points made irrelevant by the fact that ea has already done this before in different sports series.
Would it increase sales is the whole point. It is called capitalism not boo flipping hoo, women need to be in the game because we are all sissy hipsters these days. The game would not sell by itself and as a feature I tend to think a very small populace would really care past the initial curiosity. EA would make it unrealistic by having them play the same way men play.

Last edited by Buckeyed; 05-12-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Redundant
Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Would it increase sales is the whole point. It is called capitalism not boo flipping hoo, women need to be in the game because we are all sissy hipsters these days. The game would not sell by itself and as a feature I tend to think a very small populace would really care past the initial curiosity. EA would make it unrealistic by having them play the same way men play.
lol oh no you called me a hipster ;_;

my whole point was that nhl and tiger woods introduced professional women athletes and tournaments recently and womens soccer is demonstrably "more popular" than womens hockey and golf. somehow the world survived the women in the nhl series being playable in the career mode (with men omg!!!) and the idea of a woman golfer winning the masters in tiger woods. they don't even have mls right in fifa 13; i doubt anyone is clamoring for professional leagues right off the bat, just an international team or two. this is not some unprecedented, deep dark territory for ea. they literally introduced and implemented the concept in two other franchises already.

besides, if ea only cared about ~maximum profits~ in this capitalistic paradise you've crafted in your head they wouldn't actually even bother with the manpower and costs of improving the game even slightly year to year and fifa 08 would be indistinguishable from fifa 13.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #24
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I'm very PC when it comes to supporting women's rights etc. but this is the correct perspective here, absolutely.
Not really, since it's not the same thing at all. WNBA is its own league with its own union. Making an NBA game doesn't mean the WNBA should be included. Women's soccer, on the other hand, is overseen by FIFA, and its professional players are members of FIFPro. Same as the men.

I'm not saying women need to be included, since as with all leagues it depends on whether or not it would be worth the resources spent to do it, but equating it with NBA/WNBA is daft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »