Home

EA SPORTS and FIFA Extend Licensing Agreement Until 2022

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS and FIFA Extend Licensing Agreement Until 2022 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA SPORTS and FIFA Extend Licensing Agreement Until 2022

EA SPORTS™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. and the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) have announced an extension of their existing licensing agreement until December 31, 2022.

Under the terms of the agreement, EA SPORTS maintains exclusive rights to release FIFA-branded action and management videogames. In addition, EA SPORTS also holds exclusive rights to release the official FIFA World Cup™ videogame, as well as retaining its status as a Presenting Partner of the FIFA Interactive World Cup.

“EA SPORTS released the first FIFA-branded soccer game in 1993, and 20 years later our partnership with FIFA continues to be very strong,” said Andrew Wilson, Executive Vice President and Head of EA SPORTS. “Our franchise has become the benchmark for quality and innovation in the sports videogame genre, and we look forward to many more years of connecting with consumers around the world with our games carrying the prestigious FIFA name.”

“Our relationship with EA SPORTS is of high importance to FIFA,” said Jérôme Valcke, FIFA Secretary General. “The FIFA videogames are a key experiential component in our work to communicate the FIFA brand and its values all over the world. This is highlighted by the 2.5 million football fans that have competed in this year’s FIFA Interactive World Cup, which is just one example of the power of our partnership with EA.”

The EA SPORTS FIFA franchise, the most critically acclaimed sports videogame franchise in the world, continues to drive record consumer engagement with over 65 million games played weekly.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA SPORTS and FIFA Extend Licensing Agreement Until 2022

Another 9 years of exclusivity, great news, blah blah. GIVE ME MORE LEAGUES! Germany and France have 3 major leagues, not counting divisional leagues, and Russia has 2. Where dey at?!?!?!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 16
Please god don't let the nfl and nflpa follow suit....I'm going to be on pins and needles now due to this news.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Looks like I'll be playing EA's FIFA well in to my 40s!

Can't be a a bad thing. Its still a phenomenal game!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Another 9 years of exclusivity, great news, blah blah. GIVE ME MORE LEAGUES! Germany and France have 3 major leagues, not counting divisional leagues, and Russia has 2. Where dey at?!?!?!
This. Also, please add at least some kind of fake CONCACAF Champions League, even if its just MLS and LIGA MX teams. Although adding more Central American and Carribean leagues would really rock!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Exclusive licenses are useless. A good, deep editing feature set is what is needed. The community is way better at keeping the game up to date. The companies are awful at it.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I hate exclusivity in sport games, it does no good to competition. EA has already exclusive two powerful leagues in the EPL and Bundesliga and I'm sure if it's for them they'll continue this path. I'd like for PES to have the World Cup and international cups (guessing the EuroCup is part of the exclusivity).
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
Rookie

mctrees02's Arena

OVR: 2

PES can't get the World Cup as that falls under the FIFA license.

"Under the terms of the agreement, EA SPORTS maintains exclusive rights to release FIFA-branded action and management videogames. In addition, EA SPORTS also holds exclusive rights to release the official FIFA World Cup™ videogame, as well as retaining its status as a Presenting Partner of the FIFA Interactive World Cup."

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »