Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interview

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You don't have to spend money to play it or even have a decent team
I will play this as long as you dont have to pay.. but I wont pay for players...

a couple of questions I have though...
You said the players are in their college uniforms, does that mean they are in the uniforms that they wore in college? for example, antwaan randle el wearing the black indiana helmet while peyton manning wears his tennessee gear? Or do you just get a team uniform in a pack like (I think) madden did.

Also, do the players wear the gear that they wore in their day? I'm not a gear junkie, but something about seeing 90s players in a revo helmet takes away from the "specialness" of it.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #10
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interv

Ultimate Team is fun yeah but the idea of seeing Tom Brady into an Ohio State uniform, Peyton Manning as a Longhorn ... ugh ...

Needless to say, these players wont be available outside of UT.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

This mode is sounding pretty neat. By the way, in FIFA Ultimate Team, you don't have to pay to play the game. So there shouldn't be any concerns regarding paying to play NCAAUT

Last edited by tHurley2010; 05-15-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Derp...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
Ultimate Team is fun yeah but the idea of seeing Tom Brady into an Ohio State uniform, Peyton Manning as a Longhorn ... ugh ...

Needless to say, these players wont be available outside of UT.
The impression I get from reading JP's post is that each player will be representing their respective college. So Tom Brady will always be in a Michigan uni. Meaning there could be 22 different uniforms on the field at any given time? That sounds interesting. It'd give an all-star game feel to Ultimate Team games. Any word on filling card collections and using the reward in Road to Glory? I'm at work, so I can't listen to the podcast myself.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm a MUT veteran and I usually don't spend a dime. Since the content release and collections are supposed to be similar to MUT, here are some tips.

#1 Be Patient- In the first few weeks or even months don't spend your coins. Do the easy collections and play solo challenges and h2h to earn more coins. At the very beginning of new collections prices are sky high but if you wait a week or two they always will come down.

#2 Think long term- If you pull a card and think it may one day be in a collection, put it in your reserves. You never know what random cards will end up being rare in collections, sometimes in MUT it's guys like DT Shaun Smith that end up being the rare coveted card to finish the DT collection instead of Haloti Ngata.

#3 Lower level packs are your friend- The main mistake people usually make is buying the highest level packs possible, thinking it will earn them the best cards. While the best cards may be in those packs, the odds are much lower in them of pulling a card that would be worth keeping/selling/trading. Instead buy the cheaper packs and sell what you can on the auction house. If the auction house is like MUT, you can sell 25 cards at a time, so 25x 1000 would be 25000 and you do that everyday, that's 175k per week.

#4 Keep your Block Full- To piggyback off my last statement, keep your auction block full. Once your cards sell, put more up for sale, every empty space is a missed opportunity to make coins.

#5 Enjoy the Experience- Ultimate Team takes time, most people try it for a few days then quit. To really appreciate the mode, stay with it for a few months. If by let's say September you still aren't enjoying it then maybe it's not for you, but don't give up on it in late July. It really takes a good 3 months or so for the good content and promos to start happening.

Hope this helps anyone curious about Ultimate Team.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-15-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #14
Rookie

sub9er's Arena

OVR: 4

Old 05-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
The impression I get from reading JP's post is that each player will be representing their respective college. So Tom Brady will always be in a Michigan uni. Meaning there could be 22 different uniforms on the field at any given time? That sounds interesting. It'd give an all-star game feel to Ultimate Team games. Any word on filling card collections and using the reward in Road to Glory? I'm at work, so I can't listen to the podcast myself.
Would be cool if everyone played in their respective uniforms. The only problem I see is that this gen madden wasn't able to render individual team helmets for the pro bowl game so I don't see have ncaa can render a bunch of completly different uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Sorry if there was confusion regarding unis, i just spoke to a GC and he said all players will wear whatever uniform you choose for their team, just like in other UT versions. I updated my OP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »