Home

Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Defensive Control Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Defensive Control Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Defensive Trailer UP

Go look at the screenshots I'm posting, there's more to this than you realize.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #18
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
yeah, seems like they went the same route as NCAA Football 14 and just improved the run block logic only. If their was a drastic improvement in line play it would have been highlighted, I wasn't expecting this to change on the current gen version anyway but I am not entirely confident that the next-gen version will be any better.

I thought that were to highlighted the tackling and pursuit angles they never said line interaction..
Old 05-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #19
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Pretty much what I expected. I liked the Watt play. Looked like there was a little bit of in-between time rather than just straight win/lose like in the Ware clip. Didn't like some of the hits where the ball just fell out. I really want the hit stick gone.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #20
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

At 0:27 I see the Cardinals players, #84 & #75, putting a double team block on a Seahawks player....Looks good...
Old 05-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #21
Banned

californ14's Arena

Also starting at 0:37 you see two instances side by side of double team blocks by Chiefs offensive linemen against Raider defenders...

Also, starting at 0:39 you see Raider #52 come in contact with a Chiefs blocker, in the back ground, and instead of being suctioned in the Raider, #52, pushes away with one arm....

Last edited by californ14; 05-15-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs down Re: Defensive Trailer UP

Why does it seem that IE2 is still not being used for Tackles? No one wants to see the same tackle over and over like last year. The only time IE1 came into play (after demo) was when more than one person ran into ballcarrier.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #23
Banned

californ14's Arena

One thing I do not like starts at 0:58....The Seahawks appear to be running a sweep to their left; Seahawks #75 fires out to take on 49ers LB #53, but the Seahawks blocker takers on the 49er LB by going after his backside shoulder thus placing a poor block on the LB which is moving in the direction of the sweep, hence away from the block, and makes the tackle....

Not sure if this is poor mechanics showing through or poor ratings in regards to the blocker...

On a high note - Bowman (53) does push away from the blocker, which may show again an instance where suction blocking is reduced...
Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #24
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

The first clip of ray rice? I thought run free had footplanting. Rice ran towards the line and changed directions toward the sideline without planting. Looked like 13 running. Also the falcons linebacker blowing up olson and tackling d williams in less than a second was to nfl blitz like. The game seems like it is moving way to fast. Hopefully, the trailer does not represent the game speed. If everything was slowed down it would look more realistic. I did like some of the block shedding animations by bowman

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »