Home

NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team Preview (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team Preview (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Kotaku NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Preview

Just addressing the Joe Flacco's of the world. I think they should just call the cards FCS Greats. Maybe even star them up.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
This is a popular game mode on every other game. Why not add it into NCAA? I don't think they are adding it because it's "required". Why can't they just add it because people like it? It's not like they won't focus on other things because they are adding this. Chill.
Quote:
"It's a feature that's become a gold standard, to show you are on the top tier of team sports games," he said. "We're the No. 3 seller in North America in sports games; we know we need it. How, that was the question."
That quote pretty much tells me that they feel it's something they needed to add to prove they are a top tier sports game.

People give me that last line all the time when I talk about missing equipment or art issues and that's usually my response but in this case you're talking about creating a new mode. That takes away more resources from improving the gameplay then fixing the cleats and equipment does. They add new game modes every year because they feel they need to do it when people would be much more satisfied if they cut down on the extras and locked down the basics.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
That quote pretty much tells me that they feel it's something they needed to add to prove they are a top tier sports game.

People give me that last line all the time when I talk about missing equipment or art issues and that's usually my response but in this case you're talking about creating a new mode. That takes away more resources from improving the gameplay then fixing the cleats and equipment does. They add new game modes every year because they feel they need to do it when people would be much more satisfied if they cut down on the extras and locked down the basics.
A mode that will make the game more enjoyable for many people. They have to cater to the crowd that wants all of this new stuff in the game. If they stopped adding new stuff and just "focused on the basics" they would lose a lot of sales. It's a business.

If they were developing the game just for you, sure they would focus on all the little details. Truth is they can't and you have to understand that. You should try to be happy with what they do produce instead of looking at the game and berating EA for everything that is missing. You can't go through life doing that. I have enjoyed every year of NCAA I have played for the most part with this attitude. You are setting yourself up for disappointment already and the game is a couple months away.

This is not to single you out. I think everyone that regularly posts in this forum could benefit from a change in mindset. We are the minority in gamers. Expecting a company like EA to cater to us and alienate many other casual fans just doesn't make sense. I think they have made great strides giving us some of what we ask for and will continue to do so. Collectively we all continue to focus on the negative and fail to enjoy a game for what it is, a game.

Anyway, flame away. I can take it.

Last edited by VTPack919; 05-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
A mode that will make the game more enjoyable for many people. They have to cater to the crowd that wants all of this new stuff in the game. If they stopped adding new stuff and just "focused on the basics" they would lose a lot of sales. It's a business.

If they were developing the game just for you, sure they would focus on all the little details. Truth is they can't and you have to understand that. You should try to be happy with what they do produce instead of looking at the game and berating EA for everything that is missing. You can't go through life doing that. I have enjoyed every year of NCAA I have played for the most part with this attitude. You are setting yourself up for disappointment already and the game is a couple months away.

This is not to single you out. I think everyone that regularly posts in this forum could benefit from a change in mindset. We are the minority in gamers. Expecting a company like EA to cater to us and alienate many other casual fans just doesn't make sense. I think they have made great strides giving us some of what we ask for and will continue to do so. Collectively we all continue to focus on the negative and fail to enjoy a game for what it is, a game.

Anyway, flame away. I can take it.
sorry, i won't simplify my expectations because the people at EA can't put out as good of a product as other companies. I simply won't buy it once again. Why would I settle? I have no problem shelling out money for NBA 2k, MLB the Show because those are quality games. My expectations aren't over the top. If you claim to eliminate sliding, i expect to see no sliding. If you're going to tout the fact that this year's focus was the run game, I expect the running motions to look real and not like they currently do. That's not asking a lot for them to deliver on what they're trying to sell us.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
MVP

Greekcian's Arena

OVR: 1

It states the guys who make MUT are also in charge for the NCAA Ultimate team mode. Let's hope they don't ruin this one with all those over the top boosted 99 overall cards...
Old 05-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekcian
It states the guys who make MUT are also in charge for the NCAA Ultimate team mode. Let's hope they don't ruin this one with all those over the top boosted 99 overall cards...
yeah like Dwight freeney with 99 speed HAHA EA SPORTS THATS REAL FUNNY
Old 05-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #15
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
yeah like Dwight freeney with 99 speed HAHA EA SPORTS THATS REAL FUNNY
some people will be thrilled with this mode. but as you stated to me it's not going to be very realistic in a sense where EA actually captures the true player on the field.

they will release every single legend with 99 overall rating and some of the legends will have so many ratings assigned to them that are unrealistic it's not even worth my time.

Eddie George with 99 speed and acceleration making him no different from Deion Sanders on the field.

but ea can get away with this because i don't think too many people will care that all of the legends are coded to be 99 overall.

i'd rather just download a classic roster set for free where some guy makes the ratings more realistic than ea's ratings.
Westview Basketball #33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not a fan of pay2win modes. This is ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »