Home

Madden NFL 25 Blog - Playing Defense

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Blog - Playing Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Sports: Playing Defense in Madden 25

"...This concept carries over into the passing game as well, as cornerbacks and safeties who trigger the Hit Stick as a receiver makes a catch have a higher chance of jarring the ball loose....."

"....Speedy defensive ends and other high-agility defenders are even more valuable, as they can recover on plays and chase down runners on the backside...."

It's no doubt that the piecemeal approach for football wears on the patience but those quotes are welcome additions. I like the fact that defenders should actually be able to break up more passes using the hit stick in M25 versus receivers, even those with great hands, getting hit right when the ball arrives yet still holding on to it, repeatedly.

Also people should remember some write up last year about how there was no need to run at DEs like Freeney in Madden because they couldn't "run down" the play from the backside. It's great to see the EA blog specifically mention that happens now, which will cause offenses to have to account for those type of defenders.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm not a big accessories guy, but are these socks new that Luck is wearing?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #11
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm not a big accessories guy, but are these socks new that Luck is wearing?
No they're just messed up for the Colts where there's no white showing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #12
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
No they're just messed up for the Colts where there's no white showing.
They, much like all the other uniform issues from last year, have not been fixed or have not been shown being fixed.

None of the Colts low standard or high versions of their socks had any white showing which is a simple bug, but one that went ignored.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #13
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
"...This concept carries over into the passing game as well, as cornerbacks and safeties who trigger the Hit Stick as a receiver makes a catch have a higher chance of jarring the ball loose....."

"....Speedy defensive ends and other high-agility defenders are even more valuable, as they can recover on plays and chase down runners on the backside...."

It's no doubt that the piecemeal approach for football wears on the patience but those quotes are welcome additions. I like the fact that defenders should actually be able to break up more passes using the hit stick in M25 versus receivers, even those with great hands, getting hit right when the ball arrives yet still holding on to it, repeatedly.

Also people should remember some write up last year about how there was no need to run at DEs like Freeney in Madden because they couldn't "run down" the play from the backside. It's great to see the EA blog specifically mention that happens now, which will cause offenses to have to account for those type of defenders.

I also like the strategy potential from creating a difference between agile DE's and more strength based DE's who may not have the agility and thus won't be able to chase down runners, but would have more of the strength to control the trench...Might indicate a time in Madden where we need to look at allowing "packages" on defense.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Doesn't this happen already? I'm not seeing why they are considering it something "new" to defense.

I see receivers drop the ball often when they get plastered trying to make a catch?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #15
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Right-clicked on one image to view it and see if a higher res was available, and noticed in the URLs that they used pics 2-5 in the article. Not sure there's much to see in pic #1, but eh - it's a new screenshot.

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Res...-defense-1.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #16
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Alright the captains patches are still upside down!

Not sure why Peppers is standing up inbetween the center and guard though.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »