Home

Madden NFL 25 Blog - Playing Defense

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Blog - Playing Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports: Playing Defense in Madden 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Right-clicked on one image to view it and see if a higher res was available, and noticed in the URLs that they used pics 2-5 in the article. Not sure there's much to see in pic #1, but eh - it's a new screenshot.

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Res...-defense-1.jpg
I did the same thing on the Run Free Blog and found these!

Crap, who knew????

Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Not one word on improved DB play. Are outs and corners still going to be money 95% of the time?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Not one word on improved DB play. Are outs and corners still going to be money 95% of the time?
This was the only piece I found in the article about DBs

Furthermore, if you manage to pop a ball carrier with the Hit Stick while he’s performing one of the special precision modifier moves, the chances of causing a fumble increase. So if you’re up against an opponent who loves flashy moves, line him up with the Hit Stick and see if he doesn’t get a bit more conservative. This concept carries over into the passing game as well, as cornerbacks and safeties who trigger the Hit Stick as a receiver makes a catch have a higher chance of jarring the ball loose.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #20
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Sorry, JP but I read that too and that isn't what I'm talking about and I think you know that.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Doesn't this happen already? I'm not seeing why they are considering it something "new" to defense.

I see receivers drop the ball often when they get plastered trying to make a catch?
I think that is with the caveat that you use sliders, I am referring to online ranked games and default All Madden where I have repeatedly seen defenders arrive when the ball does, only to have the ball stick to the receivers hands. It's one of my peeves with Madden and lead me to start inquiring about how the catch animations work.

Looking back at some old posts, it does seem that in M13 they initially did allow for drop passes if a User controlled receiver attempted to turn upfield too soon without "looking the ball in"/securing the catch, so hopefully this is an extension of that. A catch should never be triggered, imo, there should always be a process of securing the ball/gaining possession, that hasn't been there, at least not consistently. Drop passes from hits in M13 seemed random to me, not based on the fact the defender actually broke up the pass before the receiver could secure the ball.

I'm rambling on and on about this because I feel it so important, the number of completed passes without proper separation or body position by the receiver in Madden irks me. For example comeback routes, one of the reasons they were so effective in M13 was because even if the DB recovered and closed the gap, hitting the receiver just as the ball arrived, it was still a catch.

This video is a good example of what I am referring to, watch how even when the defenders are making hits just as or a little after the ball arrives, the receiver still easily brings in the catch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAG4NOvl7fg

Now of course there are other issues shown in that video, with regard to defenders not jamming receivers and the adaptive AI in general but I am just referring to the lack of breaking up the pass with contact.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 05-15-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #22
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This was the only piece I found in the article about DBs

Furthermore, if you manage to pop a ball carrier with the Hit Stick while he’s performing one of the special precision modifier moves, the chances of causing a fumble increase. So if you’re up against an opponent who loves flashy moves, line him up with the Hit Stick and see if he doesn’t get a bit more conservative. This concept carries over into the passing game as well, as cornerbacks and safeties who trigger the Hit Stick as a receiver makes a catch have a higher chance of jarring the ball loose.
This is nothing new! Either it was in Madden 13 (which I dont know because I didn't buy it) but I know it was in before, which means if it wasnt in Madden 13, they took it out and are now adding it back like it's a new feature, smh.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
This is nothing new! Either it was in Madden 13 (which I dont know because I didn't buy it) but I know it was in before, which means if it wasnt in Madden 13, they took it out and are now adding it back like it's a new feature, smh.
I keep telling guys this and I'm standing by it until proving wrong. Don't look at what happened before Madden 13 when you judge this game from now on. These are new devs and they are focusing on gameplay first and foremost. There was no marketing of this whatsoever so to say they are adding it back as a new feature is far from the truth, probably less than 1000 people will even read that blog. It may be in Madden 13 to a degree, but if they have made some improvements, fixed some things with it, it's at least worth a mention in a blog. Because as SOON as they don't then everyone says well how come this wasn't fixed or is such and such in the game?

I'm not defending EA, but I'm just being unbiased and honest. There's far too much EA Hate or Love and not enough honest unbiased opinions out there.

Oh and you didn't buy Madden 13 so you probably shouldn't speak on this topic. When you hit the hit stick in Madden 13 it resulted in what should be a pass interference or else you just fell down. What happened before Madden 13 is irrelevant to me.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #24
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What happened before Madden 13 is irrelevant to me.
Somewhere there is a statement about it learning from history.... I can respect your opinion but it's still EA Sports for better or worse. Only judging by Madden 13 is naive IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Twitch

Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »