Home

NHL 14 Cover Vote Down to 8 Candidates

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Cover Vote Down to 8 Candidates within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 14 Cover Vote Down to 8 Candidates

EA SPORTS NHL 14 Cover Vote Reaches Quarterfinals

EA SPORTS™, the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA®) and the National Hockey League (NHL®) announced today the quarterfinal matchups in the next round of the EA SPORTS NHL®14 Cover Vote. Voting for this round is now live and fans can vote an unlimited number of times at NHL.com/CoverVote. The round closes on May 19 at 11:59pm ET. The winner of the cover vote campaign will be revealed as the NHL 14 Cover Athlete during the 2013 Stanley Cup® Final.

NHL® 14 Cover Vote Round of 16 Recap

The Round of 16 featured some extraordinarily close matchups and included some notable upsets:
  • The Battle of Pennsylvania: For the second year in a row, Evgeni Malkin has been defeated by a Philadelphia Flyers player. Last year, Malkin lost to NHL 13 Cover Athlete Claude Giroux in the semifinals. This year, Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds unseeded Malkin.
  • As Close as they Come: At final tally, less than 100 votes separated winner Taylor Hall and his opponent Matt Duchene in this round.
  • Two Maple Leafs Advance against Original SixTM Rivals: A strong Game Six performance may have helped Joffrey Lupul and James van Riemsdyk overcome their opponents, P.K. Subban and Tyler Seguin, respectively.
Twitter Vote Thursdays

This year fans can double their voting power by using these player specific hashtags on “Twitter Vote Thursdays.” Each player specific hashtag used on Twitter on Thursdays will be counted as two official votes. Fans can join the conversation about the cover vote every day by using #NHL14CoverVote on Twitter and Instagram.

NHL 14 will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. NHL 14 releases on Sept. 10, 2013, in North America and Sept. 13, 2013 worldwide.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

OVR: 0
"The Battle of Pennsylvania: For the second year in a row, Evgeni Malkin has been defeated by a Philadelphia Flyers player. Last year, Malkin lost to NHL 13 Cover Athlete Claude Giroux in the semifinals. This year, Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds unseeded Malkin."

Wait a minute....who are the Flyers playing next week? Oh yeah......1975. Suck it, Philly. Go Pens.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
Banned

illmatic04's Arena

OVR: 4
no one likes the Penguins and especially Malkin & Crosby except for those Pens fans like u, so glad Malkin is out
Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
Just started!

AZwildcats's Arena

OVR: 0
I hope john tavares wins the cover for nhl 14 I am for sure buying nhl 14 hahahaha I passed up nhl 13 and I will be playing with my flyers as usual or the phoenix coyotes hahahaha
Old 05-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm a PENS fan, and can care less if Gino didn't get a cover vote. At least this voting has upsets unlike Madden's which seemed a bit set up from the brackets. No need to be so salty, illmatic...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 14 Cover Vote Down to 8 Candidates

Red wing should have been on the cover along time ago it's almost too late now buy I hope datsuyk gets it but would have been happier with a Canada player
Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Rookie

SWEAT DOGG's Arena

OVR: 1

More crap from EA giving the leafs two picks sighhhhh, would of been nice for at least one Bruin to be in there

Old 05-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

Hopefully Lupul or Van Riemsdyk can get the cover. Not realistically though...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »