Home

Madden NFL 25 Defense and Blocking Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Defense and Blocking Gameplay Roundtable (UTC) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Defense and Blocking Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

I am ok with hit stick mechanics, but not the on field presentation or effects. While physics equations that most people quote are over simple in terms of football applications. If base physics models held true, guys like Ronnie Lott and Atwater, and that one trick pony Roy Williams would not have been feared hitters. There is an art to delivery of devastating hits and it requires more than speed and mass, Atwater stone walled Okoye despite giving up 40 lbs? 50lbs?

If you perfectly time a hit stick with a 40 POW player you should still be far more likely to bounce off or be shrugged off, just like human error discussion - no bonus should be applied to user interactions that outweighs the player`s ratings.

The problem I have with hit stick implementation is that it offers no risk when using lower rated hitters, I would prefer missed tackles over injury but some risk has to be in there and the fumble chances should only increase for 70 rated hitters. And the chance of forcing fumbles on hit should slightly increase as the hit rating goes up, but should also be checked against carry - 99 rated carry player should be very difficult to cause fumbles on, wether you attempt strip or hit stick....
Old 05-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #18
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 25 Defense and Blocking Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

What's with the NatureBoy guy? Why even have his stuff in there if it's 1 or 2 sentence responses.

Anyway, I agree with Buckeye on a lot of those. The hitstick is infuriating and overdone. I have a strong feeling the run stuff, while welcomed, will be overpowered as well. Combine that with the overpowered pass game of M13 (where there look to be no adjustments to coverages/lead pass mechanic) will cause a lot of 49-42 games.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »