Home

OOTP Developments Sells Title Bout Championship Boxing to PISD; New Release June 10th

This is a discussion on OOTP Developments Sells Title Bout Championship Boxing to PISD; New Release June 10th within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
OOTP Developments Sells Title Bout Championship Boxing to PISD; New Release June 10th

Out of the Park Developments Announces the Sale of Title Bout Championship Boxing to P.I.S.D. Ltd.

TBCB 2013 to be Released on 10th June, 2013

Out of the Park Developments today announced the sale of its boxing management simulation Title Bout Championship Boxing to P.I.S.D. Ltd. A new version of the game, Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013, is available from P.I.S.D. for pre-orders now and will ship on 10th June 2013. Everyone who pre-orders gets immediate access to the current Beta version of the game.

There are plenty of Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013 screenshots, right here.

P.I.S.D. already maintains a relationship with Out of the Park Developments -- P.I.S.D.'s programming library has been used in Out of the Park Baseball for PC/Mac/Linux/iOS for the past several years.

Andreas Raht, who co-founded Out of the Park Developments with Markus Heinsohn, said: "We have decided to focus on our flagship series, Out of the Park Baseball, as well as iOOTP Baseball 2013 for iOS and Franchise Hockey Manager, which is in public Beta right now and will ship this September. We are happy to see development of Title Bout Championship Boxing continue under the watchful eye of P.I.S.D."

Paul Norman, who co-founded P.I.S.D. with Marc Vaughan, added: "Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013 is a labour of love for me, so I am thrilled to take on ownership of the game. Marc and I are glad that Out of the Park Developments entrusted the series to us."

The first edition of Title Bout Championship Boxing (TBCB) was released in 2003 to critical acclaim, including an 8.1/10 score from Gamespot. Versions 2 and 2.5 followed later. The game features thousands of real boxers maintained by dedicated community members, with the ability to re-stage classic bouts or create "What if?" scenarios, such as pitting Sugar Ray Robinson against Marvin Hagler. TBCB can even be used to forecast upcoming fights.

Title Bout Championship Boxing also features Top Ten lists, complete statistics, revised and multiple ranking systems, full editing capabilities, and much more. Trainers, corner men, and referees are all part of the simulation, adding an extra dimension of realism.

Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013 adds many new features, including: enhanced radio-style commentary; more realistic crowd noises; pseudo-animated fighters who throw punches, clinch, and get knocked down; ring girls who parade between rounds; organisational rankings; the ability to import multiple images of each fighter, as well as pictures of famous boxing venues; a revamped auto-scheduling tool; and much more.

Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013 sells for $19.99 for one license containing two serial numbers that can be installed on two computers at the same time. There is a $10 discount if the buyer owns any previous version of the game. The game runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux with the same licenses working across all three systems. The game can be found here.

iOS and Android versions of TBCB 2013 are in development. More news about them will be released soon.
Platform: Android / iOS / Mac / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: OOTP Developments Sells Title Bout Championship Boxing to PISD; New Release June

I have to have some type of in fight strategy options or I'd rather watch paint dry.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
I see no mention of a career mode. It is all that's missing and fans of this game are asking for a long time. Too bad.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: OOTP Developments Sells Title Bout Championship Boxing to PISD; New Release June

I agree with Form1 this needs to have a career mode for me to purchase
Old 05-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8
Can EA collaborate with this game and make Fight Night what all boxing fans dream of?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Can EA collaborate with this game and make Fight Night what all boxing fans dream of?
That collaboration wouldn't guarantee anything. Who's going to fix the gameplay issues?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
I see no mention of a career mode. It is all that's missing and fans of this game are asking for a long time. Too bad.
Paul has ported the game onto a more modern framework (which also allowed for a Mac version and improved style and various fixes and tweaks amongst other things) ... the plan is now to move it forward and include a career mode.

I know he's after feedback and suggestions on exactly where to take it - so even if you're not willing to invest ten bucks in the current version please do let him know what you're looking for ...
Old 05-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
You just became a friend I have been campaigning this to EA for years. I even tried to hook EA producers up with TBCB creator. I'm still pushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
That collaboration wouldn't guarantee anything. Who's going to fix the gameplay issues?
I think it would make for a deeper game with passionate fans who are actually more than casual fans of the sport. They will give us boxing without trying to please to many people messing up the formula.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 05-24-2013 at 04:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »