Home

Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise

I support the restrictions that have been placed with a few exceptions. I'd like to be able to change the color of the logo which would then change the primary/secondary colors of the uniforms.

Giving us 17 cities with a back story of the fan base is awesome and ties into owner made perfectly. Isn't that how the relocation process works? There needs to be research done on an area to see if it is a wise decision. I'm excited because it looks like they streamlined this process for us and gave us a fair amount of choices.

So let's see...

17 cities
51 new mascots with the option to keep the original team names, so 68 choices
51 new uniforms with three variations = 153 new uniform sets

I think it makes perfect sense to have everything predetermined. Personally I don't want to see ridiculous uniform combos or team names like the North Korea Rockets.

I'm very pleased with the concept and how they've gone about implementing things. I do not want 100% freedom. This is the NFL and this current setup keeps the integrity of the NFL in tact while allowing some freedom.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum

I support the restrictions that have been placed with a few exceptions. I'd like to be able to change the color of the logo which would then change the primary/secondary colors of the uniforms.

Giving us 17 cities with a back story of the fan base is awesome and ties into owner made perfectly. Isn't that how the relocation process works? There needs to be research done on an area to see if it is a wise decision. I'm excited because it looks like they streamlined this process for us and gave us a fair amount of choices.

So let's see...

17 cities
51 new mascots with the option to keep the original team names, so 68 choices
51 new uniforms with three variations = 153 new uniform sets

I think it makes perfect sense to have everything predetermined. Personally I don't want to see ridiculous uniform combos or team names like the North Korea Rockets.

I'm very pleased with the concept and how they've gone about implementing things. I do not want 100% freedom. This is the NFL and this current setup keeps the integrity of the NFL in tact while allowing some freedom.
Exactly, in the real NFL the fans get to help determine what names the teams are given, they vote on a select few and then the owner picks his favorite. That's how it is in Madden 25, so I agree it's keeping with the integrity of the NFL.

I also agree about changing the logo with primary and secondary color options, in fact I'm going to tweet the devs about that right now, I know they have like a month left of development time so maybe it can be added in.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
If we choose to be the Owner, we still can play the games right? If we are the Coach we still play the games but just don't do the Owner stuff but if we're the Owner we still get to play on the field right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
I just wish that if a team leaves a city behind, you can move your franchise there. Ex: If Baltimore moves to Toronto, I can move Jacksonville to Baltimore.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Given the way this worked in the PS2 era, I'm not exactly sold on it. I do NOT want AI-controlled teams moving without the player's control.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
I just wish that if a team leaves a city behind, you can move your franchise there. Ex: If Baltimore moves to Toronto, I can move Jacksonville to Baltimore.
Nope i read in one of articles released from my madden pad or. Under the code (can't remember) that you can't move to city a team moved out of.

So once 17 relocations are made that's it.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Do anyone know if you can move/relocate right away, before a season, or are you forced to struggle the first season away? We've had both options in the past...just wondering what options we have this go around..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It just stinks that vs every other sports game in the genre, football remains the "Only" sports game were so much is still "Pre-determined" and restrictive.

The whole point of going into Owner Mode is have the sense of "being in control", but in reality, everything about this Mode is already Pre-determined what can be done.

You can choose a new stadium, but you really can't build a stadium.
You can choose a new uniform, but you really can't tailor your uniform.
You can rename your team, but you can't name your team.

Not complaining, just pushing for more control so that gamer really feels like they are in control (ie owner).

Just having the ability to fully create uniforms would do so much and really add some "WOW" to customization.

There's still time, maybe something could happen between now and then.
What sports game allows you to custom build a new stadium? Every game I remember that had a stadium builder feature had incredibly generic stadiums that had no character or soul. If EA has done this correctly, these new stadiums will have some character that make them feel like they belong. Also, this isn't a stadium building game. Its a sports game.

I suppose they could add in a uniform editor like Diamond dynasty, but this is such a small aspect that the returns might not be worth the investment. You don't invest at a loss. Again, it is not a uniform creator game, but a sports game.

They have made this well know and it is a good reason. They are making sure that the audio works well enough. If the audio sounds organic, and the general feel of the move flows, then it is a good move. What is the point of making your own name if you are just going to be called the "Home Team" or "Away Team." Again, if done correctly, it is a better decision and has a better return.

What game even allows you to move the team other than Madden?
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »