Home

More FIFA 14 Features Listed

This is a discussion on More FIFA 14 Features Listed within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: More FIFA 14 Features Listed

EA: Dynamic mastering of the beautiful game giving the user the mental and strategic ability to play soccer the way it is suppose to be played.

Translation: we tweaked the game!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19
Stop the Barcelona love, for the love of god !
Old 05-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
Stop the Barcelona love, for the love of god !
As much as I agree, it can't be surprising given the player on the front of the box.
Boston Celtics
Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #20
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

So we're all aware of the new UI for FIFA 14. Now, I may be a latecomer in realizing this but is anyone else aware thet Madden 25 will be using almost the exact same one:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hise-menu.html

I don't think this is a bad thing (if it works) but for CM just a new UI is not enough innovation for me. Somehow I get the feeling that EA will feel like the new UI (which isn't specific to FIFA) will be a big enough change to warrant it being the only one.

Last edited by NightmareBooster; 05-21-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Referenced wrong ver. of FIFA
Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
The Spain game appears to be circling the drain!
How soon they forget that even the Oilers -- the greatest offensive juggernaut in hockey history -- lost to the lowly Flames in the '86 playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

How about doing more with skill games adding a few for defence then using them in careermode so individual players can add to there attributes.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #23
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Let's put it this way, I'm not a soccer expert but I do follow the sport very very closely. I'm more strategy incompetent with the sport. Anyway I bought PES to begin the year and although it was decent, it just wasn't quite what I was looking for. Then I bought FIFA for $30 bucks on Amazon because I missed all of some of the little details that FIFA has (multiple fouls, proper foul advantages, bookings, career mode, and hand balls). Then as I played the game it sucked for the very same reason FIFA 12 did. It doesn't feel like soccer. In no way does FIFA on consoles show soccer off in the way the sport is played. It's exactly like NHL 13. It's all about North South attack attack attack BS. Two sports that involve so much creativity and skill, and it's not shown in either game.

Anyway I returned FIFA 13 after 2 months. So last week I started hearing about the mods for FIFA 13 on PC. So I downloaded the demo to see if the game would run and look half way decent on my laptop. I'm on your every day Toshiba home laptop with your normal graphics card. I downloaded the demo, started the game and began playing. It was laggy so I decided to quit out and adjust the game settings. After adjusting the settings I began playing again. It was flawless. As smooth as on the consoles. Don't get me wrong the graphics don't look as good as console or your high end PC. However, it still looks pretty damn good, even during cutscenes. From what I can tell the crowd is the only thing that took a big hit.

So after playing the demo I PM'ed Matt10 about the mods to download. When he directed me to them I began reading about them and decided to pull the trigger on the full version. I downloaded it, installed some mods to update the adboards, cyberfaces, jerseys, balls, UEFA Champions League, you name it. Then I added in the gameplay fixes. I started up the game and my oh my. I have never ever played a soccer game that good. The post Matt10 put on the 1st page of this thread is all it took to have a game where it felt like soccer. It's pretty hard to believe developers who do that for their job can't figure it out.

Teams build up, attack, pass, and everything else. It was unbelievable. I began a Chelsea Manager Mode and am having the most fun I have ever had in a soccer game. I have it on World Class with Matt10's very minor slider adjustments and it's challenging but fun. The rosters are made to separate attributes properly while forcing the players to slow the game down. The CPU actually forces me to play soccer the way it's meant to be played.

Anway to kind of wrap everything up, I suggest that anyone out there with even your every day laptop to try FIFA 13 for PC. Try the demo first though and switch the settings around. I use to only be able to play one game at a time because I'd become frustrated with the areas it lacked. Well, now I can only play one game at a time because by the end of one, I'm mentally drained because of how much it forces me to think. All in all get FIFA 13 with mods because it's as close to soccer as any video game will get.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 05-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Let's put it this way, I'm not a soccer expert but I do follow the sport very very closely. I'm more strategy incompetent with the sport. Anyway I bought PES to begin the year and although it was decent, it just wasn't quite what I was looking for. Then I bought FIFA for $30 bucks on Amazon because I missed all of some of the little details that FIFA has (multiple fouls, proper foul advantages, bookings, career mode, and hand balls). Then as I played the game it sucked for the very same reason FIFA 12 did. It doesn't feel like soccer. In no way does FIFA on consoles show soccer off in the way the sport is played. It's exactly like NHL 13. It's all about North South attack attack attack BS. Two sports that involve so much creativity and skill, and it's not shown in either game.

Anyway I returned FIFA 13 after 2 months. So last week I started hearing about the mods for FIFA 13 on PC. So I downloaded the demo to see if the game would run and look half way decent on my laptop. I'm on your every day Toshiba home laptop with your normal graphics card. I downloaded the demo, started the game and began playing. It was laggy so I decided to quit out and adjust the game settings. After adjusting the settings I began playing again. It was flawless. As smooth as on the consoles. Don't get me wrong the graphics don't look as good as console or your high end PC. However, it still looks pretty damn good, even during cutscenes. From what I can tell the crowd is the only thing that took a big hit.

So after playing the demo I PM'ed Matt10 about the mods to download. When he directed me to them I began reading about them and decided to pull the trigger on the full version. I downloaded it, installed some mods to update the adboards, cyberfaces, jerseys, balls, UEFA Champions League, you name it. Then I added in the gameplay fixes. I started up the game and my oh my. I have never ever played a soccer game that good. The post Matt10 put on the 1st page of this thread is all it took to have a game where it felt like soccer. It's pretty hard to believe developers who do that for their job can't figure it out.

Teams build up, attack, pass, and everything else. It was unbelievable. I began a Chelsea Manager Mode and am having the most fun I have ever had in a soccer game. I have it on World Class with Matt10's very minor slider adjustments and it's challenging but fun. The rosters are made to separate attributes properly while forcing the players to slow the game down. The CPU actually forces me to play soccer the way it's meant to be played.

Anway to kind of wrap everything up, I suggest that anyone out there with even your every day laptop to try FIFA 13 for PC. Try the demo first though and switch the settings around. I use to only be able to play one game at a time because I'd become frustrated with the areas it lacked. Well, now I can only play one game at a time because by the end of one, I'm mentally drained because of how much it forces me to think. All in all get FIFA 13 with mods because it's as close to soccer as any video game will get.
Could not have said it better myself, glad you are enjoying it man. This is truly a new soccer experience. That is why if FIFA 14/15 doesn't go PC - I'm okay with it; FIFA 13 with edits are perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »