Home

Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED)

MyMaddenPad has posted details on formation audibles in Madden NFL 25.

Quote:
In real life, coaches call plays based on personnel and that’s what EA wants players to do. They want more realistic play calling and more realistic audibles being called.

While playing Madden NFL 25 in early May I dove into how this system worked first hand and it worked as expected. Each formation had their own set of audibles you can audible to within that formation. How to set up your audibles is easy too. You would go into the ‘Coaching Options’ under the ‘Customize’ tab and then you go to ‘Customize Playbooks’ which will allow you to update audibles and plays for all playbooks. From this screen you’ll be able to create a playbook or edit an already existing playbook. If you go to the audible tab you’ll see the formation in a big screen that shows you the personnel with 4 audibles for that formation on the right side. Pressing the confirm button takes you to a screen where you can replace one of the audibles with any of the plays in the formation. It’s still unclear if all the plays in that formation will be available or just the plays from that formation in that playbook.

UPDATE: Shopmaster updated the article with some more information.

Kolbe (Madden Creative Director) also chimed in with a few items of interest.

Quote:
While on the field, you CAN audible to any Formation and Set combination that shares the personnel group you have on the field.

For example - lets say you're the Cardinals, because everyone wants to be the Cardinals. You're on the field in Shotgun Bunch (11 personnel) - you complete the previous pass and no huddle. You then bring up the audible menu and you have audibles for:

Shotgun - Bunch, Y-Trips HB Wk, Normal HB Wk, Split Close, Trio
Singleback - Tight Doubles, Z-Trip

In this case, that's a total of 28 audibles at the line - Congratulations, you're Peyton Manning.

Source - Madden NFL 25 Quick Hits: Formation Audibles (MyMaddenPad)
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Quick Hits: Formation Audibles

That is freaking awesome news!!! The fact that it will change some "shenanigans" is simply a bonus in my opinion. The real news here is being able to edit your formation audible for each formation which I have been begging for over and over again. Man I am so stoked about this.

Now, if we could just get back custom packages I would really be flipping excited. Maybe next year they will redo the trenches for passing and start on WR/DB interactions and put in custom sub packages, fingers crossed...
Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Pro

Excellent news. Very good addition.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Absolutely loving it.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 23
Would be better if it allowed you to use any play from a formation with the same personnel (eg from a base I formation, with 2 WRs and a TE to a formation with the TE in the slot).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles

I agree that some flexibility would be nice, but I am ok with it how it was described. Not perfect but I would rather they erred on the side of caution for now and maybe expand it later if it works out as they built it this year.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Thank god the cheese is dying out, got tired of BS audibles with Wr at Te. We're getting closer to the type of game we should've had from the get go. Finally madden has righted the ship
Old 05-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Plays based on personnel, but audibles based on formation? Better than nothing, but not there yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »