Home

OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 26 - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty)

This is a discussion on OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 26 - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 26 - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty)

Idk why their is excitement the "matchup stick", to me it seem whack because it's a bit childish to need that extra handicap. If you want to know matchups, they should have a scout feature before game where you must go to the film room and study the opponent for your next game, tedious or not that's football.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
Banned

rockytop52's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 26 - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I have not heard the podcast yet, but does Ben mention anything at all about Presentation in Dynasty?
That is what I'm waiting for. Hopefully its included in the blog...
We need storylines, bowl game hype, heisman hype, etc.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscholar305
Idk why their is excitement the "matchup stick", to me it seem whack because it's a bit childish to need that extra handicap. If you want to know matchups, they should have a scout feature before game where you must go to the film room and study the opponent for your next game, tedious or not that's football.
i somewhat agree, but not entirely. for skill level, i agree. which cb should we target or which side of the line is weaker?

but i liked the matchup stick for stamina/minor injuries though. similar to if you see a cb limping, you go after him. or a linebacker bent over catching their breath after a play, we're coming right at you. make them pay for leaving tired/injured players in the game.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021

-In year 2 of dynasty, Notre Dame will start playing 5 ACC games per year.
So we can get THIS in year 2 of dynasty, but we CAN'T get a playoff in year 2????!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #21
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
So we can get THIS in year 2 of dynasty, but we CAN'T get a playoff in year 2????!!!!!!!
Did you listen to the podcast? He said that since the NCAA doesn't even know how they are going to implement it yet they couldn't put it in the game. Personally I would rather they give us an "unofficial" option but I understand why they didn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj_28
Did you listen to the podcast? He said that since the NCAA doesn't even know how they are going to implement it yet they couldn't put it in the game. Personally I would rather they give us an "unofficial" option but I understand why they didn't.
Haven't had a chance to listen to it, but they could have gotten it close enough to make us happy

We only know 3 or so seasons for ND's ACC matchups, so after that, it is going to be speculative as well

Also we don't know the exact dates or times for ND's matchups either

Last edited by ACardAttack; 05-28-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

so basically they went to work immediately on getting notre dame's 5 acc teams into their nonconference schedule before they knew what 5 teams were going to be.
"unfortunately we're not going to be factually accurate" - in regards to notre dame's schedule

he starts talking playoff at 23:45. he explained himself about the playoff. basically we're not going to put the time and effort into coding a playoff that we wont be able to port over to next year's game. its understandable from a doing nothing doesnt cost us anything business model, but its just as understandable to view it as lazy. im certain there wont be any bugs with the playoff on ncaa 15 because they always get everything right the first time.

that said there were some good things in the first 20 minutes in regards to planning recruiting visits.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #24
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
so basically they went to work immediately on getting notre dame's 5 acc teams into their nonconference schedule before they knew what 5 teams were going to be.
"unfortunately we're not going to be factually accurate" - in regards to notre dame's schedule

that said there were some good things in the first 20 minutes in regards to planning recruiting visits.
Ok I miss heard him then, I take by my defense of the playoff not being in since they didn't know the details. I thought he had said that they had ND's stuff and that is why it got put in. I was fighting a screaming toddler while listening so I blame the kid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »