Home

Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles

All things considered I actually like this move. I like that they are looking to get rid of people manipulating the personnel screen to get the defense in bad match-ups. So it is progress in the right direction as far as I am concerned.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Looking more and more like a Chip Kelly offense is going to be very fun in madden.

I get to have Celek at TE, throw Ertz and James Casey in the slot/out wide with DeSean stretching the field. Don't forget about the single back LeSean McCoy!

The game planning begins.

Ooooo Weeee!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
In a meeting with Developers in February, it was indicated to me that EA wanted to stop those kinds of “Shenanigans” and made a statement of “That doesn’t happen in the NFL, it shouldn’t happen in Madden.
Really? I guess Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos doesn't play in the NFL then:

I really don't see how decreasing the realism and freedom in the game could be considered a good move. Then again, I don't play online, and don't abuse the current system offline.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

In reference to the video and I state this a lot, there is a clear difference in a practiced/setup play/adjustment/audible and the exploitation that goes on in Madden.

What was in the video is likely a predetermined formation shift, rather than an on the fly audible to an entirely different play/formation, there is a difference.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Really? I guess Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos doesn't play in the NFL then:

I really don't see how decreasing the realism and freedom in the game could be considered a good move. Then again, I don't play online, and don't abuse the current system offline.
That is a awesome find. The problem is like the article outlined people going from a 5 wide, to a goal line with recievers at all the positions. To me Madden had to go this route. One day maybe give certain qbs the ability to change formations, but for now I will settle for this over the alternative.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady

That is a heavy/goal line set going to another heavy/goal line set...Not like they are going from a spread 4 wr set to a I-Form with a WR in the TE position and/or a WR in the RB position.

Last edited by californ14; 05-28-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
In reference to the video and I state this a lot, there is a clear difference in a practiced/setup play/adjustment/audible and the exploitation that goes on in Madden.

What was in the video is likely a predetermined formation shift, rather than an on the fly audible to an entirely different play/formation, there is a difference.
Plus that play isn't something Madden is even trying to stop, that was the Broncos adjusting from a bunch formation with tight ends to a stretch which is a perfectly common play.

They are trying to prevent users from adjusting wideouts into bunch formations to exploit the AI which is not something you see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #16
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

we should at least be able to audible between formations with the same personnel groupings. like from sb 3WR 1 TE 1RB to shotgun 3WR 1TE 1RB. that's my only problem with the new system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »