Home

Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles

This was a much needed move. They've been using the same unrealistic audible system for like basically forever, with the only change being the tacked on four "generic" plays like play action, etc. mapped to the right stick.

Formation shifts would be a nice addition, but it's a relatively minor detail at this point. Let's you know, see if we can get the AI to call a decent game first before we start confusing it with formation shifts.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 15
Finally though, I can run the 9ers offense like the 9ers offense. So many different looks. Really love what this new team has done with Madden since 12. Hope you guys make a great transition to the next generation.

Last edited by N51_rob; 05-28-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Quoted post is gone.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Really, that's your biggest complaint? smh whatevers

Finally though, I can run the 9ers offense like the 9ers offense. So many different looks. Really love what this new team has done with Madden since 12. Hope you guys make a great transition to the next generation.
This current team actually wasn't in place until 13, Cam Weber came in to wrap up M12, but I agree, I like the direction this team has this franchise heading.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This current team actually wasn't in place until 13, Cam Weber came in to wrap up M12, but I agree, I like the direction this team has this franchise heading.
13 was their first full year of development. They played a big part in the change of direction from 12 though.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #21
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
13 was their first full year of development. They played a big part in the change of direction from 12 though.
I believe that is true, I know Rex Dickson Gameplay Designer(M25) wasn't even there at all until the end of 13. I think of all the gameplay devs I've been impressed with, he's at the top of the list. The podcast he did last week with Rich Grisham really made an impression on me. He's kind of like Cam Weber's right hand man now, along with Mike Young, so I feel even better about the future now with him on board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #22
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
" In a meeting with Developers in February, it was indicated to me that EA wanted to stop those kinds of “Shenanigans” and made a statement of “That doesn’t happen in the NFL, it shouldn’t happen in Madden.” "

Loving the stance! And as much as I appreciate the effort to wind-up: I am taken back by the delivery and stunning follow-thru!

EA is an empire and should not be influenced to run the empire off the shenanigans of the "kids" and the riff raffs of the community.

More statements like the above and the follow-thru thereafter will assure me the leadership is righting the ship. I can overlook graphics and even physic deficiencies so long as EA is banking on aligning their game developments with their "its in the game" motto.

Perefect pitch!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 05-28-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hope the defense doesn't become dumb during the formation audible. There are still glitches when I call cover 1 and cover 0 schemes when defensive backs line up goofy on the receivers.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #24
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Will defense be following the same rules?

In other words, if I come out in nickel, will I be restricted to nickel plays, and further will I finally be able to get rid of the Cover 2 from the "formation audibles" and insert a play of my choosing, just like you are going to be able to do offensively?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »