Home

NCAA Football 14 Dynasty RoundTable (UTC)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Dynasty RoundTable (UTC) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 14 Dynasty RoundTable (UTC)

good stuff. recruiting has me very excited after reading this I agree it got very time consuming last year. Also, thank god for OneEighth our lone offline voice.

Last edited by moylan1234; 05-30-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I really, really like the Dealbreaker feature. I hope that it wasn't somehow watered down at the last minute to help User teams out. If you're a new coach, at a lower tier school, with no tradition of success there should be a lot of players that you literally have no shot at getting. This will also help the CPU by providing some guaranteed checks on it's decision making in recruiting.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I really, really like the Dealbreaker feature. I hope that it wasn't somehow watered down at the last minute to help User teams out. If you're a new coach, at a lower tier school, with no tradition of success there should be a lot of players that you literally have no shot at getting. This will also help the CPU by providing some guaranteed checks on it's decision making in recruiting.
Hopefully the frequency of deal breakers is tied to recruiting difficulty (seems obvious it would be). The one guy in the roundtable who tested as Akron made it sound like he was prevented from recruiting high ranked players due to deal breakers quite a bit, so let's hope it stays that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

So if I play as a coordinator (which I love to start off as) will I not be able to unlock the recruiting perks? Even as a coordinator you are the one doing all the recruiting, so that may take some of the fun away and strategy away and may have my lean towards being a head coach only.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

No, you can't. But when you become a head coach, your points as a coordinator carry over to the head coach tree.

Though it is an interesting question of if your head coach has recruiting boosts, do those work with a player doing the recruiting?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

3 questions.

1. Year one in dynasty, will the coaches already have skills unlocked? For instance, if I play as Alabama, all of those elite levels of skills already be unlocked? Or if I don't play as Alabama, will the Bama CPU coach have all of the elite skills unlocked so that Bama is a beast in recruiting and on the field? Or does every coach start from the bottom?

2. How much of a ratings boost are we talking? My worry is that for some teams, the ratings boosts in addition to quick progression in the off-season will make the team play like every player has a 90+ overall rating. Will be 82 guy get ratings boost from his coordinator to bring him to 85 and a ratings boost from his HC to bring him to 90?

3. Can these skills be lost? Or once they are gained, they are always unlocked, even 25 years into a dynasty?

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-30-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #15
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Though it is an interesting question of if your head coach has recruiting boosts, do those work with a player doing the recruiting?
If anyone was interested in this, I asked it to the guys over at TGT. The answer is yes, which is nice.

Quote:
1. Year one in dynasty, will the coaches already have skills unlocked? For instance, if I play as Alabama, all of those elite levels of skills already be unlocked? Or if I don't play as Alabama, will the Bama CPU coach have all of the elite skills unlocked so that Bama is a beast in recruiting and on the field? Or does every coach start from the bottom?
They will have skills unlocked, probably at random, though. However, you can edit the starting skills when you edit the coaches' names and information. This was mentioned in the podcast.

Quote:
2. How much of a ratings boost are we talking? My worry is that for some teams, the ratings boosts in addition to quick progression in the off-season will make the team play like every player has a 90+ overall rating. Will be 82 guy get ratings boost from his coordinator to bring him to 85 and a ratings boost from his HC to bring him to 90?
Not sure about this one, but I do know you can control how fast XP is gained (or maybe how much bonuses cost).

Quote:
3. Can these skills be lost? Or once they are gained, they are always unlocked, even 25 years into a dynasty?
Since they haven't mentioned anything about this, or anything related to losing XP, I seriously doubt it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
They will have skills unlocked, probably at random, though. However, you can edit the starting skills when you edit the coaches' names and information. This was mentioned in the podcast
For those of us who build rosters, can we edit this when we edit coaches in a roster file or is only editable in the dynasty itself?

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »