Home

PC Version of FIFA 14 Won't Get Ignite Engine

This is a discussion on PC Version of FIFA 14 Won't Get Ignite Engine within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: PC Version of FIFA 14 Won't Get Ignite Engine

Just noticed the console vs PC sales discrepancy isn't as one-sided as I said. Should have paid attention in math class!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

is anyone aware of how long fifa13 is likely to continue receiving squad updates?

tbh, i'm happy that fifa14 will be just the same old thing so i can just keep playing 13. i hate having to always reset my career and start to dial in sliders all over again, but i wouldn't be able to keep myself from the new game if it had a new engine :/
Old 05-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
tbh, i'm happy that fifa14 will be just the same old thing so i can just keep playing 13. i hate having to always reset my career and start to dial in sliders all over again, but i wouldn't be able to keep myself from the new game if it had a new engine :/
Exactly the way I feel as well. I have zero intention of forking over another 40 bucks for FIFA 13.5. I'll instead be keeping an eye on the PES 2014 reviews.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I said PC sports gaming. No more PC baseball games when there used to be several (another one bit the dust this year). No more PC golf games when there used to be several (talking about games you can customize on your pc, not the commercialized online-only games). No more PC football games when there used to be 2-3. No more PC hockey, hasn't been a game for years.

Used to be dozens of PC sports games, now there's only two left. That's not dying you're right; that's pretty much dead as a doornail.
I think you might be confusing cause and effect here. There used to be a lot more choice in all sports games but EA has almost completely taken over sports gaming in the last few years. To my knowledge, we now have the following very limited choices for sports gaming:

NHL - EA only, used to have 2k and Radical's Powerplay series in the past
NFL - EA's Madden, used to have Front Page Sports Football and 2k
MLB - 2K/Sony, I miss High Heat baseball from the past.
NBA - 2k/EA coming soon, the same as it has been for quite a while
Soccer - EA/PES, used to have a lot of different soccer series

It is worth noting that all of these are available on PC except EA's NHL/NFL games in which they have a monopoly on the sport and of course Sony's The Show series which they want to keep console exclusive. On PC, people can make mods and extend their game experience for years, look at what people have done with NHL on PC and what they are now doing with FIFA 13 on PC. EA hates this and I think that is why they stopped making games on PC where they can get away with it and people have no option. They make all games on PC in categories where they actually have to compete with others.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:30 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLandPESFan
I think you might be confusing cause and effect here.

It is worth noting that all of these are available on PC except EA's NHL/NFL games.
The only sports games still produced from that list you gave are the two soccer games as I noted plus NBA 2K. Three sports games still available on the PC, that's it. And EA scrapped their PC golf, football and hockey games, even though football is their only license-exclusive title, so cause and effect isn't the reason. More sports games aren't being produced for the PC because they're not popular enough on that platform and therefore aren't profitable.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »