Home

NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills

Yesterday we learned about NCAA Football 14 Dynasty mode, today EA Sports has released an article focusing on Coach Skills. The next article will cover power recruiting.

Quote:
Perform well in games to earn XP, and when you secure enough XP, you’ll level up and earn a skill point. Head coaches gain XP for accomplishing a variety of goals, both in-game and over the course of a season. Head coaches can also assign the skills of their CPU coordinators, so you’ll still have full control over how your program is run.

For coordinators, the XP is tied to their unit’s on-field performance and recruiting. Offensive coordinators will earn points for gaining yards and scoring touchdowns, while defensive coordinators gain XP from shutting down the opposing offense and forcing turnovers. User-controlled coordinators will also be able to recruit, and can utilize their head coach’s recruiting bonuses for their benefit, and reap the XP benefit for signing prospects.

Source - Coach Skills Deep Dive (EA Sports)
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills

Here are 2 images not shown in the blog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ncaa-football-14-coach-skills-4.jpg (135.6 KB, 717 views)
File Type: jpg ncaa-football-14-coach-skills-7.jpg (156.8 KB, 710 views)
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Visa versa?

lol
Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Dirty and filthy all white unis! Good stuff!!!

Would be nice to see some green on the pants/jerseys and white chalk on the arms like Madden, but all white unis is a start.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

Last edited by DirtyJerz32; 05-30-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
I'm not going to lie.. this leveling up stuff is sort of intriguing, however I've never been more nervous about a new feature in NCAA. Ever.

Hopefully, none of these skills are too overpowered. Also I hope the game plays well out of the box.... if not, we may see a lot of bald slider makers this Fall.

I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
THE GAME MANAGER

The Game Management skill tree offers on-field boosts, including influencing player abilities, recognizing what sorts of plays the other team is running and keeping players disciplined and poised even in pressure-packed situations One such skill is Coachstradamus, which allows you to see the last play called by your opponent. Upgrade the skill to level 2 and you’ll have a 10% chance of identifying the play type your opponent will run next. Become a true Coachstradamus and you’ll have a 25% chance of correctly guessing the opponent’s upcoming play.

Another example is the Big Game skill, which lets your team start off HOT in rivalry games. When a team is HOT, the players get a dynamic ratings boost that allows them to play above and beyond their typical skills. Upgrade it once and you’ll also come out HOT in bowl and championship games. Put in another skill point and you’ll come charging onto the field VERY HOT and ready to jump all over the other team.

Here is a full listing of the Game Management skills and an idea of what they offer at their base level. Each skill can be upgraded to level 3, but you’ll have to wait until the game launches to see what the higher level skills can do!

Antifreeze- Nothing gets to your kickers. Nothing.

Level 1: Ice the Kicker is ineffective 50% of the time.

Road Warrior- Your quarterbacks shine on the road and don’t get rattled by Home Field Advantage.

Level 1: No controller vibration.

Matchup- Find the best mismatch and then attack. All matchups are shown from the offensive point of view.

Level 1: Passing Matchups appear in Preplay Coach Cam. (Coach Cam + Right Stick to the right)

Setup Artist- Successful run plays will set up the play action pass plays faster and vice-versa.

Level 1: Decreases the yardage needed for Setup Plays by 10%. Choose plays that are in the same formation type (pass or run).

Clean Laundry- Play disciplined and avoid costly penalties. Caution: Increasing team aggressiveness will cancel this skill.

Level 1: CPU is 50% less likely to cause penalties.

Light a Fire- Players can get HOT and COLD. Call a timeout to fire up your team when they need it. HOT players get performance bonuses.

Level 1: Call a timeout to get all COLD or lower players back up to NORMAL.

Big Game- The bigger the game, the HOTTER your team starts. HOT players get performance bonuses.

Level 1: Your team starts off HOT in rivalry games.

Coachstradamus- Learn which plays and play types your opponent calls so you can be a step ahead.

Level 1: You are shown your opponent's previously-called play. This can be seen in the upper-right of the play select menu.

Clutch- Your team always seems to get HOT in high-pressure situations and perform better. HOT players get performance bonuses.

Level 1: You start the fourth quarter HOT if the score difference is 14 or less.
Not a fan of this at all. I won't go on too much about it and i'll let those who like this express their joy.

But I do like that both home & away jerseys are dirty in that screen.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Not a fan of this at all. I won't go on too much about it and i'll let those who like this express their joy.

But I do like that both home & away jerseys are dirty in that screen.
The only one I like is the where you can call a timeout to get you cold players back to normal. Hopefully the other ones are not over done like your team get hot hopefully it's only like +5 points to your players. I love the first pic.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

The only thing that worries me is the BIG GAME feature. If it makes your team absolutely unstoppable and you're down 21-0 as the opposing team early because of an obscene amount of broken tackles--well that just pretty much speaks for itself now dosen't it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »