Home

NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

Quote:
Recruiting is the lifeblood of any college football program, and the process has long been a part of the NCAA Football franchise. This year, recruiting takes a big leap forward with the new Power Recruiting system, a streamlined process that maintains the depth that fans have come to expect. It’s the fastest, easiest, most rewarding way ever to sign those coveted players.

Source - Power Recruiting Deep Dive (EA Sports)

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

I read this last night. Its a very good article and gives a slightly in-depth look at what coach skills are in the game. Have some nice additions in there.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

I really like the team news part that updates you about recruits.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This all looks pretty good to me, just behind honest.

They have let me down many times but I am having a hard time not being geeked for this one. Really hope they succeed in reviving dynasty mode.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a couple of questions 1. It says that you shouldn't wait to long to offer a scholarship to a recruit because you may miss out so does that mean the computer will actually offer scholarships to 4 and 5* recruits? 2. They said that the recruit is only allowed 5 visits a season has that always been like that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Honestly, this doesn't excite but it's not something I think is a bad thing. Just feel like they just replaced phone call hours with points and simplified things.

The one thing about recruiting that always bothered me was once a recruit committed during the season that was it, you couldn't recruit him because there were no decommits. It appears that's still the case even though in real life players aren't signed until signing day. If a coach gets fired, a lot of times you'll see recruits open their recruiting back up but if a coach gets fired in this game, that recruit is still stuck going there.

Also seems like they're placing too much importance/ giving too much of a bonus for offering a scholarship early but having the recruit visit late.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Honestly, this doesn't excite but it's not something I think is a bad thing. Just feel like they just replaced phone call hours with points and simplified things.

The one thing about recruiting that always bothered me was once a recruit committed during the season that was it, you couldn't recruit him because there were no decommits. It appears that's still the case even though in real life players aren't signed until signing day. If a coach gets fired, a lot of times you'll see recruits open their recruiting back up but if a coach gets fired in this game, that recruit is still stuck going there.
Very true. I guess for me this is just one of the many things I have written off as not even being possible this gen. I admit that I have let my standards drop far below normal in order to be somewhat happy with the game every year.

It seems like there are just so many "little details" that never made it in this gen. Not yet, at least.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4

Also seems like they're placing too much importance/ giving too much of a bonus for offering a scholarship early but having the recruit visit late.
Seems about right to me. Being early to offer and late to get a visit are important.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »