Home

NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

Can anyone please tell me why EA keeps spoon-feeding us screenshots? Last year they gave us videos of the recruiting.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
Seems about right to me. Being early to offer and late to get a visit are important.
Scheduling a visit late shouldn't be 700 points more of a bonus than scheduling early. Kid I coached originally committed to Auburn which was one of his first visits because once he went there, he liked the school, felt comfortable around the coaches/players and decided he didn't want to visit some of the other schools he originally planned to. Each kid is different, sometimes being first is more of an advantage because you can convince a kid to commit before others get a hold of him. That's why I have a problem with the amount of importance and bonus they give for having a recruit come late. After reading the WVU article where the people from WVU told Ben having a late visit can leave a lasting appeal, they just said, "ok so late visits are better and will get a bigger bonus." So because 1 school said it was better than an early visit, they went with it.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
Can anyone please tell me why EA keeps spoon-feeding us screenshots? Last year they gave us videos of the recruiting.
E3 is almost here and we will probably get a lot of gameplay videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
Seems about right to me. Being early to offer and late to get a visit are important.
The last visit thing is usually important for post-season visits in January, not visits during the season to games. If you can get a recruit on campus the week before signing day (or have a late in-home visit), that's usually a good sign.

But during the regular season? Isn't too much of a difference between a visit in October and a visit in November. What matters more is who they play.

Example. Miami hosts Florida September 7th. Should that visit carry significantly less point totals than Miami hosting Virginia November 23rd? No. But it seems as if that will be the case.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #13
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
QBs, HBs and FBs – More than 1 per position, per week, triggers competitive visit

WRs, TEs and Safeties – More than 2 per position, per week, triggers competitive visit
All other positions – No limit, no competitive visits
Why can't defensive players or OL see each other as rivals?
Old 05-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
They said that the recruit is only allowed 5 visits a season has that always been like that?
Yes.

I'm pretty sure it's an NCAA rule and it's been like that in the game for as long as I can remember.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
E3 is almost here and we will probably get a lot of gameplay videos.
How soon do you think we may get it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I have to admit that I was a little wary of Power Recruiting when it was first revealed. However, after reading this I'm really starting to warm up to it. It actually sounds deeper and like there will be much more strategy involved. I suppose that it isn't that much different than the phone call method, however anything is better than the overly repetitive select and click phone calls that really didn't require much strategy and has grown tired over the past few years.

Just like with the coaching skills this looks good on paper, but I'm still very cautious. My main concern being difficulty. If it's too easy to pull top 25-30 classes year in and year out with lower level non AQ teams, then all of this is flash with no substance.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »