Home

NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:47 PM   #17
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Power Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Why can't defensive players or OL see each other as rivals?
I would assume it is because there are five linemen on offense at a time, so you could schedule 5 guys who are all linemen and theoretically, they could all start at the same time. Same goes with linebackers, Dline, and Cornerbacks, because there are multiples of those players on the field at a time. However, Imagine you are a QB, and you are on a recruiting visit to your favorite school, and wouldnt you know it, there is another QB there. That MIGHT (I dont know you lol) make you frustrated because you think the coaches want someone tehre to take your spot when you slip up, or may just start over you outright. I can see where they are coming from, I think it will be implemented well.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
I would assume it is because there are five linemen on offense at a time, so you could schedule 5 guys who are all linemen and theoretically, they could all start at the same time. Same goes with linebackers, Dline, and Cornerbacks, because there are multiples of those players on the field at a time. However, Imagine you are a QB, and you are on a recruiting visit to your favorite school, and wouldnt you know it, there is another QB there. That MIGHT (I dont know you lol) make you frustrated because you think the coaches want someone tehre to take your spot when you slip up, or may just start over you outright. I can see where they are coming from, I think it will be implemented well.
Only two guards start. Only two tackles start. Only one center starts. There is a clear distinction between them.

Only two defensive ends start. Only two defensive tackles start. I mean this is elementary football stuff.

Bring in 3 safeties and it's a competitive visit, but bring in five centers and it's no big deal?

It doesn't make sense.

I see your point about bringing in five OL, and moving them around so they could theoretically all start, but the same can be said for safeties, which move all around the secondary like a OL can move all around the line.

One of the reasons Dante Fowler signed with UF was because FSU already had several DE's committed.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-31-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Only two guards start. Only two tackles start. Only one center starts. There is a clear distinction between them.

Only two defensive ends start. Only two defensive tackles start. I mean this is elementary football stuff.

Bring in 2 safeties and it's a competitive visit, but bring in five centers and it's no big deal?

It doesn't make sense.
not to mention teams run 5 WR sets so just because a team signs a WR shouldn't necessarily deter another WR.

I know why they have a set number but there shouldn't be a set number because team needs should play a factor. If a team is mostly seniors at WR, it shouldn't deter 3 WRs that there are 3 of them together visiting, they might like the idea of them becoming the next big trio. Same with RBs. If 1 running back is visiting, it shouldn't deter another RB because most teams use multiple RBs. It's almost as if they based it on a traditional set you used to see 15 years ago where teams were primarily 1 RB, 2 WRs but these days teams use multiple RBs.

The fact that Cierre Wood committed to Notre Dame didn't deter Theo Riddick from committing there. Both played and both played RB. I just feel like they set some pre determined factors that don't necessarily reflect everyone.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

I think something like this would have worked.

QB-more than 1, competitive visit
RB-more than 2, competitive visit
FB-more than 1, competitive visit
WR-more than 2, competitive visit
TE-more than 1, competitive visit
OT-more than 2, competitive visit
OG-more than 2, competitive visit
C-more than 1, competitive visit

DE-more than 2, competitive visit
DT-more than 2, competitive visit
OLB-more than 2, competitive visit
ILB-more than 2, competitive visit
CB-more than 2, competitive visit
S-more than 2, competitive visit

K-more than 1, competitive visit
P-more than 1, competitive visit

Even better. How cool would it be if player TYPES influenced the competitive visit? For example, you could bring in a power back and a speed back in on the same visit without penalty, but bringing in two power backs would result in a competitive visit?

Maybe they can do something like that next year though.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-31-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #21
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
not to mention teams run 5 WR sets so just because a team signs a WR shouldn't necessarily deter another WR.

I know why they have a set number but there shouldn't be a set number because team needs should play a factor. If a team is mostly seniors at WR, it shouldn't deter 3 WRs that there are 3 of them together visiting, they might like the idea of them becoming the next big trio. Same with RBs. If 1 running back is visiting, it shouldn't deter another RB because most teams use multiple RBs. It's almost as if they based it on a traditional set you used to see 15 years ago where teams were primarily 1 RB, 2 WRs but these days teams use multiple RBs.

The fact that Cierre Wood committed to Notre Dame didn't deter Theo Riddick from committing there. Both played and both played RB. I just feel like they set some pre determined factors that don't necessarily reflect everyone.
I agree with this too if they are going for the deeper end of recruiting. I was actually going to write I wish team needs was the biggest factor in competitive visit/points. A combination of the two (depth chart and players being brought in with the class) would be ideal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4

Agree here, this should be team specific,

Mark Ingram
Trent Richardson
Eddie Lacey
Jalston Fowler
Kenyon Drake
Dee Hart
TJ Yeldon
Derrick Henry

Gees were so stacked at RB!

I sure hope coaching skills make above rosters impossible for me when I start my coaching career, but eventually make it possible to get that good!
The above list is also why 85 man rosters are vital to dynasty going forward, as well as injuries, academic casulties, transfers & the like. I hope the dev's continue developing dynasty in this way going forward.

Like what we got so far- just hope it works correctly.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

like other post they give us something good and it gets nit picked. I like it, yes it could be more in-depth tho. The thing is its jsut if you bring them in on the same week tho. i look at what my huskies did last year when they sign 7 on the same day and for the most part it was one player at a position maybe 2 DL. in real life a guy thats a 5 star wouldnt be worried about visiting with a 2-3 star at the same position, but if 2 5star RB's came i could see the problem.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #24
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
For example, if your team is in need of a wide receiver, the “Playing Time” factor will display as an “A” grade. If a wideout prospect has a “Deal Breaker” for Playing Time you can add him to your board and recruit as normal. However, if you start targeting and offering scholarships to other receivers, the Playing Time grade may drop and you’ll be locked out of further recruiting that original player.
Thought that was really interesting. The whole system seems really well done, if it works as advertised.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »