Home

Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #9
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details

Go to 12:35. He asked whether the IR would return from Madden 12, making me think he didn't see it in Madden 13?

Trying to get clarification before anyone goes off the deep end.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #10
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Why do I have a feeling most of there work went into next gen instead of current gen. I never understood why they always finish the game so early every year and they just polish things up. why not work on it longer to get things in, very frustrating. I still think it comes down to space on the disc what is it 4GBs on dvd then ported to 50 gbs on blu ray does not make sense at all to me.
P.S. they said last year that nance and simms would progressivly talk about whats going on through out the season for madden 13, how much you wanna make a bet they just didnt put it in so they could add it for this year, I think EA does this alot for madden has things done but holds them out till next years game and still no word on the challenge system,WTH.
P.S why no news on PENALTIES yet, they better work this year...

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-01-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
Why do I have a feeling most of there work went into next gen instead of current gen. I never understood why they always finish the game so early every year and they just polish things up. why not work on it longer to get things in, very frustrating.
That is due to the lengthy authentication and manufacturing process. I'm sure they would work for as long as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #12
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
That is due to the lengthy authentication and manufacturing process. I'm sure they would work for as long as possible.
e
Ok but then why not have people still working on things to then patch it in day one release? Its just EAs way of saying you get what you get so be happy we did this for you and give us your 60 bucks again. Madden should have there core gameplay years ago atleast 4 or 5 years ago easy but instead they choose to dilly dally around with other stuff.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #13
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Can't listen to the podcast on my phone.

When it comes to camera angles, did they leave the door open about announcing any new camera angles (Defensive Reverse Camera)?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #14
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
The whole rush over the Uniform correction question was disappointing in both the narrowing of the question and the answer....

Started nice and broad, asking if uniform errors had been corrected, to specifically asking about the Bears orange pants being fixed to navy blue...The reply was lacking in confidence and knowledge, and to suggest they are fast in fixing such uniform errors was an outright lie....smh

Hope at least metallic colors like the 49ers, saints, raiders, lions, etc etc, actually look gold or silver instead of matte, primer-ish...

I posted about this in the uniform thread that has been stickied, don't expect to see much if anything fixed as far as uniforms go, also a lot of teams are adding or making changes to their uniforms along with 3 teams getting all new uniforms, don't expect to see any of the new changes such as the Bills or Chargers collars or even the Giants new alternate white pants.

Also I don't know how correct we should expect the Dolphins, Jaguars and Vikings uniforms to be.

Also we brought IR into Madden for Madden 12, I remember working on this feature very diligently so if it just so happens to have just been removed with the connected franchise changes that would be a rather big shock.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I really feel like they same the same thing every year when it comes to presentation.

New tickers and banners to make it feel more broadcast like. Same thing they said last year. Not sure what ticker they are talking about but according to JP on twitter they wont have a ticker like they do in NCAA. Plus how many years in a row do they keep updating the stat banners. I would like them to say we kept the same banner style but added over 50 new stat banners with player comparisons, game trends, seasonal statistics, etc

Commentary has been improved and they will now talk about whats going on in your franchise. - They said this last year, but hardly talked about your franchise

Better replay system. Hopefully they got rid of those awkard repalys frrom last year when they would show the play develop, cut it off and show another part of the part of the replay from a different angle. It just didn't flow right

I have said this before, but this year it seems like they just didnt add a ton of new stuff and everything that keeps being announced is so uninformative. Almost like they arent saying a ton becasue there isnt a ton of new stuff. Last year we got tons of in depth blogs, from both the developers and the game changers. This year we get a few paragraphs and some interviews that keep answering the same 5 questions.

My guess is this year is just a small improvement over last year, but the main focus was on Next Gen Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.

I would like to get a field trip to Tiburon one day, so maybe I can understand the stuff they say. Can someone help an unreasonable consumer like me, with unrealistic expectations understand how Tiburon can add GameFace as a User function where all we need is a photo to scan a real face into the game but they need to physically scan every player live to get them in? I am not so ignorant as to be suggesting that the scanning they do live is the same as GameFace, what I am saying is, if they can't get the live scan why can't the use GameFace until they can?

I miss the days of being excited about what's next in football gaming, even with the new consoles releasing it's more impatience than it is excitement. I wonder how many people realize it's been at least going on 5 years "working hard on presentation", since M10, yet it's still likely not solid. I don't think making games is easy but damn, Tiburon isn't the only company doing it and they have been doing it for decades, so does everything have to take so freaking long and be constantly touted how hard it was?

"We added a sideline reporter and some other things, it feels more like a broadcast", glad to see they got around to that, considering we have been playing OTHER games and especially NFL games, that were like a real broadcast since at least 1999.

Maybe the Tiburon defenders are right and I'm just an unreasonable hatemonger and there is nothing Tiburon can do to satisfy me but reading both the info for NCAA and Madden I just don't understand what's so hard about emulating football. Not even the tech side but the creative process, when it requires ZERO creativity to copy something, it's like tracing versus drawing freehand. DeuceDouglas has put together some great presentation elements in his freaking FREE TIME and as terrific a job he has done illustrating it for everyone to see, they are all simply based on real network broadcast presentation of the NFL.

All this "whining" from me and I haven't even actually listened to the interview yet, do I even dare? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »