Home

Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details

So no halftime presentation details?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 11
Brand new branching story lines for 30 draft classes and Adam made them sound authentic. Adam has been signed for a couple of years..... could this mean more ea nfl exclusive?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #19
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.

I would like to get a field trip to Tiburon one day, so maybe I can understand the stuff they say. Can someone help an unreasonable consumer like me, with unrealistic expectations understand how Tiburon can add GameFace as a User function where all we need is a photo to scan a real face into the game but they need to physically scan every player live to get them in? I am not so ignorant as to be suggesting that the scanning they do live is the same as GameFace, what I am saying is, if they can't get the live scan why can't the use GameFace until they can?

I miss the days of being excited about what's next in football gaming, even with the new consoles releasing it's more impatience than it is excitement. I wonder how many people realize it's been at least going on 5 years "working hard on presentation", since M10, yet it's still likely not solid. I don't think making games is easy but damn, Tiburon isn't the only company doing it and they have been doing it for decades, so does everything have to take so freaking long and be constantly touted how hard it was?

"We added a sideline reporter and some other things, it feels more like a broadcast", glad to see they got around to that, considering we have been playing OTHER games and especially NFL games, that were like a real broadcast since at least 1999.

Maybe the Tiburon defenders are right and I'm just an unreasonable hatemonger and there is nothing Tiburon can do to satisfy me but reading both the info for NCAA and Madden I just don't understand what's so hard about emulating football. Not even the tech side but the creative process, when it requires ZERO creativity to copy something, it's like tracing versus drawing freehand. DeuceDouglas has put together some great presentation elements in his freaking FREE TIME and as terrific a job he has done illustrating it for everyone to see, they are all simply based on real network broadcast presentation of the NFL.

All this "whining" from me and I haven't even actually listened to the interview yet, do I even dare? lol
I bolded the two lines I agree with the most.

I don't get how its acceptable for a studio whos been making a game for so long continue to say how hard it was.

In this interview Mike Young speaks as if it was hard work re-integrating things they've excluded from before... I just don't get how this isn't suable?

You hit the nail on the head with the second bolded comment... How on earth is it difficult to be creative when 75% of OS can think of great features that replicate real life and are based off of simple technology?

WE ARE DOING THEIR JOB FOR THEM. All they need to do is code it and sell it... Yet they 'find it difficult' or 'couldn't fit it in' despite being able to introduce some useless stuff pretty simply...
Old 06-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #20
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

By ticker I hope he means an actual one with stats and other game updates. Not the one in the main menue that they say is new every year.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4
Man I hate to wave that flag but a lot of this stuff was in a game that came out 9 years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Waiting for clarification by Steve before jumping the gun or bridges.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15
Hmmm... Still not true halftime show or end of game show with true highlights and commentary breaking down the action, wow we've been asking for this for over 8 years.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #24
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
By ticker I hope he means an actual one with stats and other game updates. Not the one in the main menue that they say is new every year.
I am guessing no. They had the same quote last year about a ticker and it didnt mean one with franchise scores and news then. Also, JP asked a developer on twitter and he said no there is no ticker like NCAA.

Kind of weird to haev it one game and not the other

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »