Home

Fast & Furious: Showdown (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Fast & Furious: Showdown (360/PS3) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Fast & Furious: Showdown (360/PS3)

The Fast & Furious movies are extremely successful, with over-the-top action surrounding them all. So it only makes sense to release a game to coincide with one of the movies. It’s just a real shame Activision chose Fast & Furious Showdown to try to show off the intensity of the Fast franchise.

Read More - Fast & Furious: Showdown (360/PS3)
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Fast & Furious: Showdown (360/PS3)

Quote:
None of the actors from the movie franchise lend their voices to the game
Incorrect. IGN had this wrong too. Luke Evans and Gina Carano do. I checked the credits.
Still 2 is a bit generous. I found the AI can't drive or shoot. A couple of the levels seemed near impossible without co-op. There was also that quarry level near the end where the AI driver tried to go back up the quarry but attempted to do so by diriving directly up the side of the hill and getting stuck. After getting them unstuck myself and switching back to shooting they did the exact same thing again.

One of the really big issues is a movie spoiler so I can see why it wasn't included but I'll point it out here...
Spoiler
Old 05-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
Staff Writer

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Incorrect. IGN had this wrong too. Luke Evans and Gina Carano do. I checked the credits.
Still 2 is a bit generous. I found the AI can't drive or shoot. A couple of the levels seemed near impossible without co-op. There was also that quarry level near the end where the AI driver tried to go back up the quarry but attempted to do so by diriving directly up the side of the hill and getting stuck. After getting them unstuck myself and switching back to shooting they did the exact same thing again.

One of the really big issues is a movie spoiler so I can see why it wasn't included but I'll point it out here...
Spoiler
I checked the credits as well and did not see their names, so I must have overlooked it. Still, those are not the two actors you want to see in a game based off of the movies.

And I found the A.I. way better at shooting than driving, but they were not exceptional at either task.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Lowest game score on OS?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Fast & Furious: Showdown (360/PS3)

I checked again. Han and Leo have their real actors too. I didn't even remember who Leo was.

Though sure you'd want Vin Diesel (Dom isn't even in the game) and Paul Walker. I assume they saw it and wanted nothing to do with it. Not like Vin Diesel doesn't like video games.

It's tied for lowest score here with 10 other games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »