Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features and Screenshots, Not Coming to Xbox One or PS4

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features and Screenshots, Not Coming to Xbox One or PS4 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
PSP? Yikes, a PSP version and no Vita version? What does that tell us about how the Vita is viewed in the industry?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
I skipped PES for the first time in several years (although I'm sure it was better than 10-11-12). Hopefully, 2014 gives me a reason to put it back on my Christmas list. At least Konami is usually generous with their demos, so I'll have plenty to go on...
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features and Screenshots, Not Coming to Xbox One or PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
At least Konami is usually generous with their demos, so I'll have plenty to go on...
The way the demo is uber-modded by the Evo-Web folks, no need to buy the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features and Screenshots, Not Coming to Xbox One or PS4

So excited for this game. Really hoping shoulder challenges have made it in.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
PSP? Yikes, a PSP version and no Vita version? What does that tell us about how the Vita is viewed in the industry?
I agree. It's understandable that last year's game might not have been able to make it on the console, but a full year after launch and no PES for Vita is a bad thing. What really irks me is that Sony, who is a major sponsor of the Champions League, isn't pushing PES to release their game on the system. With both the UCL and AFCCL in PES 2014, it only makes logical sense to have the game on Vita.

It would be nice if the soccer guy at OS contact both Sony and Konami to find out why no Vita version is in the works.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #14

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm somewhat optimistic about PES 2014. I'm more interested in the idea of Team ID and having team tactics actually mean something. PES 2013 got a lot of undeserved credit for being superior to FIFA when it comes to how teams play, realistic defense and tactics. Maybe this year they will actually live up to some of that praise.

I want midfield battles, CPU teams playing possession, and a game where it actually makes sense to cross or lob the ball into crowded areas regularly. You know, like in real life. In PES 13 (and FIFA, for that matter) the risk/reward for that style of play just isn't realistic. Passing is too easy, and playing a tiki-taka style with every single team works too well. If I play against Barcelona on Superstar, I should get like 40-45% possession at most. Instead of Iniesta and Messi play quick counter every single time they get the ball.

Every year I get so sick of hearing from EA and Konami about improvements to the attacking side; how there are more ways to get around defenders in 1-on-1 situations, touch moves, shifting body weight to blast by defenders, etc etc. I just want a game where I can play 30+ halves and have somewhat realistic results.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12
No Xbox One, no purchase for me. I am moving to next gen and will not hold on to my Xbox 360 for that. This is a terrible move. Sure, in the short term it might make some sense, but this is a terrible decision. I will end up having to play FIFA. If FIFA gets its act together and actually has realistic team play, then I am going to keep playing that game.

Oh well, I was so excited too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
No Xbox One, no purchase for me. I am moving to next gen and will not hold on to my Xbox 360 for that. This is a terrible move. Sure, in the short term it might make some sense, but this is a terrible decision. I will end up having to play FIFA. If FIFA gets its act together and actually has realistic team play, then I am going to keep playing that game.

Oh well, I was so excited too.
Why is this such a terrible move, other than just the fact that you won't be able to purchase the game? There will be way more people that still own 360's and PS3's than XBOX One's and PS4's when they release. If you hurry a product just to release one you can do more harm than good. What if PES 14 on the new consoles ended up being a complete and utter disaster. If someone decides to give PES a try and it's bad they probably won't come back because they don't have that EASPORTS and FIFA brand name. With FIFA most of the time people will come back regardless, especially the casuals. PES doesn't have that luxury with casual soccer gamers. I'm sure Konami did pretty extensive research to see if releasing the game would make sense.

As for the game it sounds pretty intriguing. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I like the concept of "Heart", but only if it's not going to turn the CPU into some super power. If it actually affects the game realistically like how The Show has their CPU adapt and what not, this could be a great addition. These are the types of additions to a game that either A) become annoying and ruin a game or B) can make the replay value of the game sky rocket if implemented correctly. All I want is a new game each time. One where the AI adapts and plays according to who the players are on the field. As people have said, if you're playing Barcelona you want to see them control the ball 60% or so of the game. Neither PES or FIFA have succeeded in this area, at least that I can remember.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 06-05-2013 at 04:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »