Home

NHL 14 Trailer and Developer Diary - Enforcer Engine

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Trailer and Developer Diary - Enforcer Engine within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Rookie

Storm12's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I don't get it because most guys that are enforcers play maybe 40 games a year.
I would think it's just not the typical goon that will always fight... I'm pretty sure that power forwards/two way forwards/ defensive d-men, etc will fight. They probably choose who will fight by how much they fight (the fighter thing that says if they fight never, rarely, sometimes, often). There also doesn't need to always be fights, just more scrums than actual fights.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm12
I would think it's just not the typical goon that will always fight... I'm pretty sure that power forwards/two way forwards/ defensive d-men, etc will fight. They probably choose who will fight by how much they fight (the fighter thing that says if they fight never, rarely, sometimes, often). There also doesn't need to always be fights, just more scrums than actual fights.
I know, but in the NHL today there aren't any 300 PIM guys anymore. I don't know many heavyweight fighters, I know of a lot of pests, but shoving doesn't seem to happen in the video. It just seems like a guy runs up and boom fight animation. I'm just really skeptical because it seems like the team doesn't know how to program their own game. I believe they have the best of intentions but somewhere it gets screwed up.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 14 Trailer and Developer Diary - Enforcer Engine

I believed the realism of the Enforcer Engine until and after 0:35. Seeing Matt Cooke drop the gloves. No way!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
Rookie

Storm12's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I know, but in the NHL today there aren't any 300 PIM guys anymore. I don't know many heavyweight fighters, I know of a lot of pests, but shoving doesn't seem to happen in the video. It just seems like a guy runs up and boom fight animation. I'm just really skeptical because it seems like the team doesn't know how to program their own game. I believe they have the best of intentions but somewhere it gets screwed up.
I have the same concern as well, it does seem like one hit can start a fight. Hopefully they don't happen like that all the time though, I've been to games where some really questionable hits have happened and no fights occurred. It needs to be a mix of scrums and the occasional fight, not just brawl fest.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #13
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
My Canadiens were getting dropped just like in real life. *sigh*
Old 06-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

I hope we can turn fighting off which will result in some post whistle scrums only..
Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Fights are intense. Winning one is electrifying. You can now celebrate the thrill of winning a fight by engaging the crowd or taunting your opponent using user-controlled celebrations.
This worries me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
This worries me.
Why's that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »