Home

Madden NFL 25 - How To Stop The Read Option (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - How To Stop The Read Option (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #17
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Madden NFL 25 - How To Stop The Read Option (MyMaddenPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
Super Bowl was not won by a Read Option team. I get what you're saying, I just disagree...Also, get a QB, that million dollar baby, knocked out of a game or more and you will see a new story told...
Serious question. How many shots did the big three Wilson, Griffin, and Kap take on read option plays. Very few big ones and none that injured them. RGIII was injured twice on scrambles called from drop back passing plays where he made stupid decisions. vs Atlanta stayed in bounds for 3 extra yards on vs Baltimore ran back to the middle of the field vs running OOB, vs Seattle re-injured it trying to make an across the body throw.

You mention that a read-option team lost in the super bowl. Fair point but all three read option teams made the play-offs and two won their division.

Quote:
Defenses just need to spread the play is all; maintain gaps and pursuit paths...Teams that got beat by the Read Option where over zealous and bunched their defenses up; the GB Packers are a perfect example; they lacked patience and discipline to contain the Read Option.
Easier said than done, though. How do you reign in that natural aggression of a defender who has been trained his whole life to chase the football when you see it and to tackle the running back? There is a reason that Georgia Tech has success against teams that only have 1 week to prepare for it, and struggle during bowl games when teams have a month. Its very hard to tell a guy one thing for 16 weeks then tell him to do something completely different for 1 week.

But you are welcome to your opinion and you respected mine, and I can will do that same for you. Defense will make adjustments and contain some aspects of it, but the chess match will continue as these offense add new wrinkles as well. It will be a good season to have Game ReWind and access to coaches film.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Serious question. How many shots did the big three Wilson, Griffin, and Kap take on read option plays. Very few big ones and none that injured them. RGIII was injured twice on scrambles called from drop back passing plays where he made stupid decisions. vs Atlanta stayed in bounds for 3 extra yards on vs Baltimore ran back to the middle of the field vs running OOB, vs Seattle re-injured it trying to make an across the body throw.

You mention that a read-option team lost in the super bowl. Fair point but all three read option teams made the play-offs and two won their division.

Easier said than done, though. How do you reign in that natural aggression of a defender who has been trained his whole life to chase the football when you see it and to tackle the running back? There is a reason that Georgia Tech has success against teams that only have 1 week to prepare for it, and struggle during bowl games when teams have a month. Its very hard to tell a guy one thing for 16 weeks then tell him to do something completely different for 1 week.

But you are welcome to your opinion and you respected mine, and I can will do that same for you. Defense will make adjustments and contain some aspects of it, but the chess match will continue as these offense add new wrinkles as well. It will be a good season to have Game ReWind and access to coaches film.
Heck, McCarthy sent all his defensive coaches to a training session with Texas A & M.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/mobile/...97&tagID=11049
Old 06-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 15
This is great news. People who run RO over and over can be stopped easily now. How to you beat the defense though? Set'em up and make them pay for cheating over to the RO. Throw over the LB biting down or run at the gap that the DLman should be.

Love that they gave more user control to the user on defense. This is realistic. Really wish they put the gameplan feature from NCAA to Madden. More user coaching involved.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #20
Rookie

jeffmanqb3's Arena

OVR: 7

I believe this is a great addition. I have a hard time believing NFL defensive ends randomly pick who to attack like they do in previous Madden games. I should be able to tell my end to stay at home if I'm playing someone like Washington. However, I think there should be some incorrect reads if the player has a low awareness or play recognition rating.

Last edited by jeffmanqb3; 06-05-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #21
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmanqb3
I should be able to tell my end to stay at home if I'm playing someone like Washington.
You already can.

Go look at your defensive, single player hot audibles - you can set an individual edge contain.

EA needs to teach Football and rid themselves of this high-end waiter mindset that caters to serving success on a gold platter.

Because someone is lacking competence and or too lazy to study their control concepts, we warrant these training wheels? It is no wonder the gimmicks make the game feel so easy breezy.

Ignorance is selling this bliss.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #22
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
You already can.

Go look at your defensive, single player hot audibles - you can set an individual edge contain.

EA needs to teach Football and rid themselves of this high-end waiter mindset that caters to serving success on a gold platter.

Because someone is lacking competence and or too lazy to study their control concepts, we warrant these training wheels? It is no wonder the gimmicks make the game feel so easy breezy.

I believe that is what the skills trainer is going to be used for. Help teach people football.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #23
Rookie

jeffmanqb3's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
You already can.

I have a couple of things. First, the edge contain hot route does not work. The end will still follow the running back. Second, what if the offense doesn't run a read option? I shouldn't lose a pass rusher every time the offense passes out of pistol or shotgun because I want to contain the quarterback on read option.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #24
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm in two minds on this one.

Personally, I think it is stupid when an opponent calls a read option play over and over again and the DL attacks the RB every time.

I find it hard to believe that the DeMarcus Ware example from last year will repeat itself.

I do however feel that no-one in their right mind would ever go after the RB. This makes this control function slightly overpowered...

I wonder how this works for play action off the option? Can you automatically know whether it is a run or play action based off of this control?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »