Home

E3 2013: Hands-On with NHL 14

This is a discussion on E3 2013: Hands-On with NHL 14 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: E3 2013: Hands-On with NHL 14

No mention of bringing back the group celebrations, nor of any improvements in the presentation area.

Has me concerned that with the new fighting, skating, etc the overused excuse will be " ran outta time".
Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9
hmmm really interested in the cpu trade logic in BeAGM mode so I wont stack my team anymore by trading away draft picks for young star caliber players.
Really interested in this Live the life mode if its anything close to what 2k has been doing I will be ecstatic
Old 06-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
If the a.i. is still incompetent, and completes up to 80% of their attempted passes, all of their additions mean nothing to me personally. Since they are smart enough to defend a non-fighing team mate, I expect them to have the same awareness when the puck comes their direction, as opposed to watching it glide by.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:24 AM   #20
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5
Just play the game in the mode that its meant to be played in - online.
Not sure why people still bother playing the CPU as it will never feel organic that way. The tweaks to the hitting system is a very welcomed addition along with the new fighting engine. Lookin good!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #21
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

The new hitting system is a very welcomed addition. However, my main concern remains about the goalies. The goalies anticipation feature they added in 13 is one of the worst thing ever, as goalies stop almost every great scoring chances, while letting weak goals going in each game.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 06-13-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
Just play the game in the mode that its meant to be played in - online.
Not sure why people still bother playing the CPU as it will never feel organic that way. The tweaks to the hitting system is a very welcomed addition along with the new fighting engine. Lookin good!
I loathe online. I've only been online a few times but in those handful of occasions, I've heard so much swearing, trash talk, homophobic slurs, you name it.
None of my friends have this game so it's basically left to OS members. But then I need to schedule a game with them.

I'm old - nearly 40. I've been bread on offline gaming and that's how it'll be the rest of my life.
NHL2K3 had unbelievable AI. Every game felt different and organic. If that could be done on a PS2, then why can't it be done on a 360 or PS3? And certainly on the next-gen boxes.

If EA's solution to crappy AI is 'play online' then they can say goodbye to my annual $60 donation to bug-test their games.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #23
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

If EA's solution to crappy AI is 'play online' then they can say goodbye to my annual $60 donation to bug-test their games.
This, I believe, is what EA wants. Forcing us to play ONLINE so we could buy the stupid sets to juice up our players instead of building our players up. What it teaches players you can get anything you want and in the fast way if you just have $$$$, instead of hardwork and perserverance.

PLUS, these IDIOTS who think that this game will make them "manly" , ALWAYS trashtalks, cuzzing, and use the same exploits.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
No mention of bringing back the group celebrations, nor of any improvements in the presentation area.

Has me concerned that with the new fighting, skating, etc the overused excuse will be " ran outta time".
This is the only game that makes no improvement in presentation or commentary and real life referees on the ice! Every other EA game has concentrated not only on game play but everything else too. NHL should be no exception! Fine better skating and hitting but how many developer years are going to tinker around with that if a game can't be immersed in the game?! Like the use of jumbotrons during power plays, specific chants, banners on the rafters (NHL 98), real life coaches, better detailed arenas, arena names, booth commentary like Madden, maybe throw in some Hockey Night in Canada themes since you don't even use ESPN anymore. Picking your own equipment for players and goalies (colors, brands). I'm sick of this we ran out of time or we needed to work on fighting, seriously. Same old song and dance every year

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »