Home

NHL 14 Gameplay Video - E3 2013

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Gameplay Video - E3 2013 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 14 Gameplay Video - E3 2013

The awkward celebration into zomebie skate looks ridiculous, as does Quick's brain being deactivated after the puck crossed the line. I know it's just a few seconds of really bad players playing, but I'm underwhelmed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #26
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
Don't really wanna be 'that' guy... but what the heck have they done this year? I didn't noticed anything different about hits or AI. The presentation still looks atrocious. okay so a new fight engine... why couldn't they at least re-vamp the celebrations? that is by far the worst looking thing in the game. Look how terrible it looks after that deflection goal in the beginning... I love ea nhl and i loved nhl 13.... but seriously.... wtf?
i always get slammed for saying this, but i could honestly dig up my thoughts and reviews on the game since 07 and it wouldn't change much at all.

so frustrating. it almost makes me wish i didnt love the NHL in general so much. that way i would enjoy the game a bit more and not try to tweak it to play the way it should out of the box.

i honestly wish they would look at the tweaks some of us have made lately to get the game to play very well. use those type of sliders as default. bc they are for casual guys, up to the hardcore guys, the game plays so much better after some tweaks etc.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

OVR: 0

This just doesn't look like NHL hockey to me. Stale presentation, lack of defensive pressure and AI. It's going to be a second consecutive year of not purchasing this game for me. Sorry EA, I think you've lost me.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #28
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy

so frustrating. it almost makes me wish i didnt love the NHL in general so much. that way i would enjoy the game a bit more and not try to tweak it to play the way it should out of the box.
Somehow, I need to blame myself in playing NHL 13, not only because of the lack of attention of EA to offline gamers, but because of my passion for the game. I really like the game of hockey, either playing or watching or playing the video game, and it frustrates me when EA produces the game that is so way out to the actual game. I know this is only a video game, but at least make it feel real, example of which is NBA 2k13 and The Show.

I really really hope that there will be another hockey video game out there. I hope Sony will produce ala The Show for NHL (since I am buying PS4 next year ). So much potential for EA's NHL to shine but its not really living it's expectations.

The only reason why their sales is high for NHL is because there's no competition. Not much effort and investment necessary to produce this game, that's why not much improvement.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #29
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

i would love to see where Sony's NHL Faceoff series would be if they didnt give up on it. if they even put in 50% effort compared to The Show, im sure it would be so much better than what EA has been doing..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #30
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Checking physics are still terrible. And another clear missed charge/hit from behind/boarding call. Only good thing was Quick didn't warp to the post to stop that Hossa tip-in like he would in 13.

Last edited by gator3guy; 06-19-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #31
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I haven't had a hockey game in YEARS, so I'm definitely picking this one up. Skipping Madden for the first time ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #32
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Somehow, I need to blame myself in playing NHL 13, not only because of the lack of attention of EA to offline gamers, but because of my passion for the game. I really like the game of hockey, either playing or watching or playing the video game, and it frustrates me when EA produces the game that is so way out to the actual game. I know this is only a video game, but at least make it feel real, example of which is NBA 2k13 and The Show.

I really really hope that there will be another hockey video game out there. I hope Sony will produce ala The Show for NHL (since I am buying PS4 next year ). So much potential for EA's NHL to shine but its not really living it's expectations.

The only reason why their sales is high for NHL is because there's no competition. Not much effort and investment necessary to produce this game, that's why not much improvement.
Never thought id agree with a canucks fan! Just playing that was very Well said, we all love hockey here or at least most of us do and we need to get our fix through different mediums and whether that be playing or watching or playing the video game. The video game side has been lacking for a long time and its so disappointing, theres so much potential here but it just lacks so much. I really hope another company steps up soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »