Home

Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #9
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Q&A with Creative Director Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I know it hasn't been touched on yet but I really hope they try to finally recreate a broadcast presentation wise. I know they still have Jim and Phil, but with all this talk of player chatter and atmosphere I hope they don't try to do some mash up of broadcast and on the field.
yes!! I really think in the next 2 years we will see madden become very immersive presentation wise. How unbelievable would it be to have different presentation packages for different games...etc It's been a dream of all of ours for a while...but id love to see differences between MNF games to thursday..to sunday at 1pm..etc.

ps. and PLEASE can they bring back live weather? (especially for play now). I want to be able to play in the cold without having snow!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
yes!! I really think in the next 2 years we will see madden become very immersive presentation wise. How unbelievable would it be to have different presentation packages for different games...etc It's been a dream of all of ours for a while...but id love to see differences between MNF games to thursday..to sunday at 1pm..etc.

ps. and PLEASE can they bring back live weather? (especially for play now). I want to be able to play in the cold without having snow!
Amen. Another thing Big touched on before is they need to stop having sensible options in one game and not in another. No reason I should be able to set the temp in NCAA, but can't set it in Madden.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #11
Banned

tfer717's Arena

Quote:
Amen. Another thing Big touched on before is they need to stop having sensible options in one game and not in another. No reason I should be able to set the temp in NCAA, but can't set it in Madden.
exactly! it makes no sense whatsoever. Especially when we used to be able to do it earlier in this gen.... wtf? Another thing that BIG says alot that I very much agree with is Real-time presentation...etc. With these new sidelines, I really hope by Madden 15 that everything is Real time. I am so sick of cut scenes it makes me wanna puke. The NCAA demo is very impressive imo with the footplanting... but the cut scenes and presentation absolutely ruin it for me. Cuz it takes me out of the game so quickly. Why does EA feel the need to constantly remind us that we are playing a video game... instead of pulling an mlb the show and replicating Real life to a T.

Cam Weber and this 'new' development team has me very optimistic tho. I have been a madden skeptic for a long time. Whenever I'd see interviews with madden devs and PR people I would roll my eyes. With Cam, it is different. I have respect for him just how he handles himself and talks about the game. A lot of the E3 interviews he went very in depth talking about blocking schemes..etc. I never heard cummings or whoever else discuss the game with passion like he has. I have a bit of trust in him and I think that is great news for our football game moving forward..

I will remain a skeptic for now... but it almost feels like Cam is one of 'US' for once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
exactly! it makes no sense whatsoever. Especially when we used to be able to do it earlier in this gen.... wtf? Another thing that BIG says alot that I very much agree with is Real-time presentation...etc. With these new sidelines, I really hope by Madden 15 that everything is Real time. I am so sick of cut scenes it makes me wanna puke. The NCAA demo is very impressive imo with the footplanting... but the cut scenes and presentation absolutely ruin it for me. Cuz it takes me out of the game so quickly. Why does EA feel the need to constantly remind us that we are playing a video game... instead of pulling an mlb the show and replicating Real life to a T.

Cam Weber and this 'new' development team has me very optimistic tho. I have been a madden skeptic for a long time. Whenever I'd see interviews with madden devs and PR people I would roll my eyes. With Cam, it is different. I have respect for him just how he handles himself and talks about the game. A lot of the E3 interviews he went very in depth talking about blocking schemes..etc. I never heard cummings or whoever else discuss the game with passion like he has. I have a bit of trust in him and I think that is great news for our football game moving forward..

I will remain a skeptic for now... but it almost feels like Cam is one of 'US' for once.
Yeah I mention it a lot but I'm just echoing what others have been saying long before me, like The Watcher and Rgiles, to name a couple. I mention them directly because they have been down to Tiburon and talked directly to devs about presentation. The Watcher especially, there is some thread(s) around here where that guy laid out things in detail for Ian and crew many years ago, yet it is what it is this gen.

Fingers crossed for next gen.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #13
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Yeah, but the other side of that is they do need to make the games somewhat distinct and unique. They'd get killed in public if everyone just saw NCAA as Madden with college player names and teams and some different playbooks.

I don't at all mind them having two teams internally that are somewhat distinct, with the ability to try to innovate a bit (and even compete with each other). The best results of that process could be adopted on both platforms. But reducing the differences between both title would probably be a mistake. They are alike enough, no need to make them even more alive.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #14
Rookie

I actually thought this was a good article,
Old 06-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #15
Rookie

I actually thought this was a good article,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #16
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Yeah, but the other side of that is they do need to make the games somewhat distinct and unique. They'd get killed in public if everyone just saw NCAA as Madden with college player names and teams and some different playbooks.

I don't at all mind them having two teams internally that are somewhat distinct, with the ability to try to innovate a bit (and even compete with each other). The best results of that process could be adopted on both platforms. But reducing the differences between both title would probably be a mistake. They are alike enough, no need to make them even more alive.
But the things they are using to differentiate the games don't make any sense. I should be able to set the temp in Madden as well as NCAA, the no huddle system should be a shared technology, the ticker, the in game studio updates, the highlight packages, ect. It makes absolutely no sense to not include that stuff in both games.

If they have to leave out no brian features just to differentiate the NCAA and the NFL, then they really no to stop and think what makes these two different worlds of the sport special and unique. The atmosphere and pageantry alone is enough to make each game unique, not to mention the nuances of each level of play.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »